Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Siberian Husky Breeders near Dublin

• 11-02-2005 12:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭

Just looking for any husky breeders near dublin, I think theres one in Meath or Kildare but I'm not sure. Anyone have an idea of the price?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭Lexie

Not sure where the breeders are but my friend has one and I think she paid around €600/€700 for her. Beautiful dogs. Im almost sure she got her in Limerick. Bit too far from Dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭D!ve^Bomb!

i want one of these!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭ether

D!ve^Bomb! wrote:
    i want one of these!!!!

What is it you like about Huskies?

ah they're just cool!! i love them, they're the most beautifull dogs in the world.. i would get one but i don't think i could take care of one like it should be

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Doper Than U

Yeah they need a serious amount of work, I'd love one myself, but just don't have the time for it at the moment. Maybe in the future though. I do remember looking for one a while ago and googling some good breeders over here. Best thing to do is ring the Kennel Club and get their list of breeders and ring around to see which of them has a litter.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Nala

I love the grey and white ones with brown eyes-beautiful.
    A guy was walking through town with one once and everyone noticed it, even a poloceman said "lovely dog mate".

I'd be terrified to get a husky because of the amount of dog thievery for purebreds (esp a rare breed like a Siberian Husky) that goes on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 471 ✭✭tovalee

have you done much research on the breed? I had one and it was way more work than any other breed Ive ever had. They were bred to run...ALL DAY. you have to be prepared to exercise them several times every day. They have fantastic temperments and are friendly to everyone, unfortunately, that means theyd be just as happy with the stranger across town as they would with you and will run off at teh drop of a hat and not come back. Walking a siberian off leash or even on a leash without them wanting to drag you everywhere is hopeless. And the shedding is horrendous and year round. I had to brush my dog everyday and it seemed like there was no end to the fluffy undercoat that comes out constantly.... very fond of digging as well. Dont get me wrong, I loved my Siberian and loved his super friendly happy disposition and the no barking( just an occasional howl), but if id done my homework before falling in love with him, id have chosen an easier to care for breed. :)

tovalee wrote:
    have you done much research on the breed? I had one and it was way more work than any other breed Ive ever had. They were bred to run...ALL DAY. you have to be prepared to exercise them several times every day. They have fantastic temperments and are friendly to everyone, unfortunately, that means theyd be just as happy with the stranger across town as they would with you and will run off at teh drop of a hat and not come back. Walking a siberian off leash or even on a leash without them wanting to drag you everywhere is hopeless. And the shedding is horrendous and year round. I had to brush my dog everyday and it seemed like there was no end to the fluffy undercoat that comes out constantly.... very fond of digging as well. Dont get me wrong, I loved my Siberian and loved his super friendly happy disposition and the no barking( just an occasional howl), but if id done my homework before falling in love with him, id have chosen an easier to care for breed. :)
    luckily i did my research and you have explained why i haven't got one...... yet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Doper Than U

Yup, echo that. I'm hoping to move to the country on a big farm, so I'll have plenty of space for it... but, as much as I love the breed, I think it might be too much work. I'll have one someday I figure, but I can wait. Besides, I have an even bigger soft spot for the Belgian Shepherd (Terveuren), so I'll get one (or two) of those first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Nala

Every article I've ever read about Siberians all said the same thing-if you don't have them on a leash/tied up/in a VERY secure enclosure, 24/7, they will just run off and not come back.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭Aimee_gleeson

If you go to champdogs.co.uk and look up the huskies you will see breeders from round the country i am not sure if they are from dublin but could be near. Also try buyandsell.ie

Might be of help to you!

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭ether

Ta Aimee will do, its a prezzie for the g/f, *shush*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭Aimee_gleeson

No bother i am here to help :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

What a cutie :)

They're such gorgeous dogs

Advertisement