Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

getting insurance with an endorsement

Options
  • 11-02-2005 12:31am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭

i have an endorsement for careless driving i also received 5 penalty points as part of the charge (was not suspended) can anyone tell me what to expect cost wise? im 21 full licence 1.6l lantra

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,727 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

loads!
    the fact that you are young and have this will send it sky high.
    Read the comments posted in the thread Insurance for convicted driver

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭stratos

You have one other option, don't tell prospective insurance companies. Drive very carefully and prey your luck is in. Your only liable for part of the claim if your found out. Obviously such a thing maybe illegal and I would not advise such a course of action.

stratos wrote:
    You have one other option, don't tell prospective insurance companies. Drive very carefully and prey your luck is in. Your only liable for part of the claim if your found out. Obviously such a thing maybe illegal and I would not advise such a course of action.
    If you lie to the insurance company then they have the right to annul your policy leaving you a) open to a claim from the other driver if an accident occured and b) face criminal charges and further endorsements if caught by the gardai.
    It is not recommended. The one time you try it is the one time you will be caught!

• Registered Users Posts: 65,399 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

stratos wrote:
    You have one other option, don't tell prospective insurance companies

Don't go there. Imagine if you'd cause an accident resulting in a million euro claim. You'll be indebted until the day you die. You will never own a car, a house, or anything really. Even your dole will be mostly taken away from you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭damo

i already told my insurance company....im just really curious though cos i really need the car for work so im gonna have to cough up whatever the final bill is gonna be but absolutely no one has given me a (rough) figure not even my insurance company!!! "we'll deal with it at the next renewal"....the cat is already six feet under and now the curiosity is starting to kill me

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭stratos

Just to say insurance companies are a lot more liable than they would let you believe, even if you misrepresent yourself. It would almost be impossible to be liable for much more than a few grand in a million dollar crash. The insurance companies cannot walk away as easy as you think. I know this I tested them, and what I learned surprised the hell out of me.

but ins. companies can sue you to recover their losses suffered due to them paying out. I haven't heard of them using it but that doesn't mean they wont!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

unkel wrote:
    Don't go there. Imagine if you'd cause an accident resulting in a million euro claim. You'll be indebted until the day you die. You will never own a car, a house, or anything really. Even your dole will be mostly taken away from you
    If you are bankrupt they can't touch your dole money. Bankrupcty act 1988.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭heggie

look up a crowd called ARB, they deal with convicted drivers afaik

Advertisement