Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WoW is up!

Options
  • 11-02-2005 3:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭

Well the euro servers on up. Once i get my copy of the game at 9am or so, i'll be setting up my account and playing. Gonna play Horde on RAVENCRAFT as thats the "pvp" server selected by the big guilds.

good luck and c u guys there

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭Memnoch

there is also a Uk server that is called Bladefist. So that might be a good server choice also. Seems to be a very alliance heavy server so might be fun to play horde on it

I'm now torn between Ravencraft and Bladefist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

Keep me informed, i'm such a noob and need to follow the big players!

Now to nab 3 hrs sleep before I go out and buy it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

dont go ravencrest, loads of swedish and scandinavian guilds are going there.
    go to Bladefist for uk guilds and join #wow.uk http://www.allgunsblazing.net/forums/showthread.php?t=2401

as much as it might be fun to play with the uber swedish and scandinavian players I think it will be better over all to team up with english speaking ppl.

So i'm gonna go for bladefist :)

My bloody copy of WoW didn't have a f'ing AUTH key in it believe it or not! I had to go BACK to the store and get another one lol. And they thought i might have tried to steal the key or something but it was so clearly obvious that there had NEVER been a CD in that spot where its supposed to be.

ANyways i'm installing the game now :P

I'm 10% through the 40meg update.

I will join you guys on that server, but you will pass me out in no time I would imagine! (Gonna be hard living without Sidekicks!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭jow

Great,

and I can't even create an account because the website for registration is not available.

Not a good start to be honest....

jow

web site registration works fine. Its just that hundreds of thousands of people are hammering their server atm, just refresh etc give it a few goes and it will work.

I had the same thing a couple of times in the US version.

Though I just regiestered the EU version JUST NOW and it was no problem, was done and dusted in under 5 minutes.

Btw i'll be playing a Horde Mage on Bladefist, prolly

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

how can i switch my account to an EU one :'(
    help please

Ye, I got a Four of Four!!! a few times, I was like WTF!

I then went the long way, going to the main WoW europe web site and signing up there :D

I'll be playing a hunter I think

mayordenis wrote:
    how can i switch my account to an EU one :'(
    help please

u can't switch accounts. U have to buy a european copy of the game to be able to play on the EU servers right now.

and then register a new account same as when u signed up for the US version, only this time no need to fake ur address :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

bewarwe folks thate their webbt is being smahed to bits with requests, and the servers have so many people joining etc they are all high pingigng.

its always like that the first fwe days, especially with at least 200k ppl signign up if not more in the space of this weekend i'm guessing. Things will iron themselves out slowly but surely :)

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭jow

Ye, I got a Four of Four!!! a few times, I was like WTF!

I then went the long way, going to the main WoW europe web site and signing up there :D
    Hi,

I signed up over the German Website... the "in-built" linkt does not work ;)

But I have an account now and download the update.
    I have no clue what to play... lets see.

jow

Ye, I am expecting a lag hell for the first week/end anyway :D

oh ****
    i have an american cd key that was never used,
    i have a currently american account also,
    anyway of getting either of these to work??
    if i use the cdkey and then just install the EU client would that be ok?? :eek:

sorry m8 but u HAVE to buy an eu copy of the game if u wanna play the EU version, an american CD key won't work (a friend already tried as he had a spare one).

They might allow ppl with US accuonts to play on EU in a couple of months or so, but for now this is how it is!

thanks for the info memnoch
    i think i'll just got stab myself with my short bastard sword of the bear

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭zekiel

Actually if you have an american cd key, when you try to sign up with an EU CC you will be bounced to a registration page explaining an alternate signup to the european servers. They will also give you details about your american copy and what can be done.

Lvl 2 Orc Hunter named Relch on BladeFist

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

Memnoch wrote:
    sorry m8 but u HAVE to buy an eu copy of the game if u wanna play the EU version, an american CD key won't work (a friend already tried as he had a spare one).

They might allow ppl with US accuonts to play on EU in a couple of months or so, but for now this is how it is!

Not necessarily true. A fellow clan mate of mine is playing the full US version through the EU beta, all he had to do was get an american member of our clan to buy the game for him and give him the key. He did have to edit some information somewhere in the folder telling him at what servers to look at though. When he comes on later I will ask him for you.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭Gizzard

question, is bladefist PVP?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Drakar

Yes or no one would be playing on it I'd be thinking

• Registered Users Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭quozl

Not necessarily true. A fellow clan mate of mine is playing the full US version through the EU beta, all he had to do was get an american member of our clan to buy the game for him and give him the key. He did have to edit some information somewhere in the folder telling him at what servers to look at though. When he comes on later I will ask him for you.

I think I'm the friend Memnochs talking about. I have a 2nd US cd-key and tried to use it to register for europe. No luck. I also know the method used to allow people to play euro beta and US release at once (simply editing the login server value used) and this doesn't work. The EU login server rejected my US account.

So I think you'll need to buy a Euro verson to play for the moment anyway. Which is what I've done :)

Now to sell my US key on ebay

Greg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

i ordered my copy from amazon.co.uk
    they say it should be dilevered on the 28th of the month
    over 2 weeks to recieve the game?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭CivilServant

What is the point of joining Eu servers now after investing so much time with your character on the US servers? The only real difference I can see is the when it's nighttime in WoW, it'll also be nighttime here.

I'd need some better reasons to switch over now. 3 weeks getting my character up to lvl 43 warclock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

What is the point of joining Eu servers now after investing so much time with your character on the US servers?

playing with your friends?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

lvl 43 warclock.

What, is that some sort of ticking timebomb type of yoke? :)

I'd imagine some people are switching over because their friends are playing. I held off playing until now for that reason, I prefer playing with people I know, everyone I know in the States is asleep/in work when I'd be playing.

What is the point of joining Eu servers now after investing so much time with your character on the US servers? The only real difference I can see is the when it's nighttime in WoW, it'll also be nighttime here.

I'd need some better reasons to switch over now. 3 weeks getting my character up to lvl 43 warclock.

I'm a level 60 warlock and I'm swapping. The main problem for me is that the high lvl instance raids (which require 20+ people) all occured at 7pm or so EST on my server.

When it's peak hours for the yanks it's bedtime for me as I work normal hours.

Your server may vary from my own, or you may not care.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

Can you use just the auth key to set up your account and then use the beta software to play the game?
    None of the stores around Carlow seem to have a copy so I'm getting someone in Dublin to get me a copy. I wont be able to get it off of him till next weekend and I want to play it in the meantime :p

• Advertisement

you were able to with the US version Ivan, so I'd guess yes.

If not there's a link on the website to download the client anyway :)

Greg

Advertisement