Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WoW is up!

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭Memnoch

Ivan wrote:
    Can you use just the auth key to set up your account and then use the beta software to play the game?
    None of the stores around Carlow seem to have a copy so I'm getting someone in Dublin to get me a copy. I wont be able to get it off of him till next weekend and I want to play it in the meantime :p

sorry about the confusion. Yes you can get someone in dublin to buy u a copy and text/email u the CD key which u can use to create an account. You only need the game CDs themselves IF you need to install the game. But if you already have the EU open beta installed most likely u will just need a small update and u can start playing.

So short answer - yes u only really need the AUTH KEY

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

so eh this WOW thing. i'm debating whether to get it. haven't had a great experience with mmorpg via FF XI and also i'm not up on the warcraft universe at all. whats different between this and FF XI (bar the PvP), is there a decent story to it etc.

cheers

data

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭quozl

zekiel wrote:
    Actually if you have an american cd key, when you try to sign up with an EU CC you will be bounced to a registration page explaining an alternate signup to the european servers. They will also give you details about your american copy and what can be done.
    have you tried that recently? That used to be the case, but I tried 2 days ago and it was removed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭Cina

I ordered off gameplay with Express post, cost me 6.50, did it come? Of course not, needless to say I'm going to spend the whole weekend wishing I lived near a Game store .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,280 ✭✭✭regi

Join the terenas server :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Squall

Man this sucks. Have it installed patched and ready to go. But still no account creation pages :(

• Registered Users Posts: 32 jodome

I would join Terenas if only i could get bloody signed up! Think of our crowd only Ash and Raz have managed it so far Regi. How are TU managing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,280 ✭✭✭regi

They nearly all signed up this morning. I was on the last page of account signup when the signup page went down :(

What a waste of a Friday night, and I gotta work all day tmmrw and sunday :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Argh what a pain in the hole :(
    Damn you Blizzard and your repeating-the-same-mistakes antics!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 146 ✭✭kipple

Account creation is up.

T.

No it's not. But it's a 404 file not found instead of the page timing out.

Theyre up, just seriously swamped

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

Squall wrote:
    Man this sucks. Have it installed patched and ready to go. But still no account creation pages :(
    How did you get the patch without your account?

The standalone update from fileplanet

Check the news items on the wow europe page

Damn account creation keeps timing out

get the patch here

http://www.ausgamers.com/files/download/html/15405

Fileplanet has stupidly long queues for downloads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭CivilServant

koneko wrote:
    What, is that some sort of ticking timebomb type of yoke? :)

I'd imagine some people are switching over because their friends are playing. I held off playing until now for that reason, I prefer playing with people I know, everyone I know in the States is asleep/in work when I'd be playing.

The secrets out! :)

Yeah the time difference is a bit problematic but on the bright side, they're never any lag problems like you get when 6 o clock comes round in the US. Plus I mostly solo anyways. Probably have problems later on when the game will purely go raiding in instances. Had a good laugh today in Uldaman. Wonderous things happen when a group coordinates their efforts.

Advertisement