Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

With regards to changes made to the Driving Test from February 14th.

Options
  • 11-02-2005 4:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭

I have my test this month and notice that there are changed to it. Below is an extract from the Governments driving test website. Some questions follow it, can you please help??

Licence Categories B (Car), EB (Car with Trailer) and W (Work Vehicle)

Technical Checks.
    You will be asked to explain how a check would be performed on any three of the following-
    (a) tyres, (b) lights, (c) reflectors, (d) indicators, (e) engine oil, (f) coolant,
    (g) windscreen washer fluid, (h) steering, (i) brakes, (j) horn.

Access to some of the items listed above will require you to open the bonnet and to close it securely.

Question 1. What kind of checks exactly?

Question 2. Are some of these checks retarded? eg. I could check the horn, by pressing the horn.
    The steering works, cause when I turn the steering wheel, the front/rear wheel moves.

Question 3. How do I check to see if the reflectors work? Or is the question they ask, How DO they work?

Question 4. How do I perform a check on the brakes?

The reason for my questions is that I just know I'm gonna fail for something stupid, besides observation.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Check this thread out:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

Cheers, I would have done a search, but too lazy at 3am.

laters

Advertisement