Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flashback

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭carl_

Further Adventures of Cloud-Warrior:
    As you know, Cloud-Warrior has gone to Japan on a TiNET sponsored expedition to glean all the knowledge and skills he can from the Fukoka tribe of quake ninjas. John was kind enough to send me a postcard and email on his arrival at the training camp. I put this and his message on the wwwboard, so the quake community at large would know of his safe arrival.

I have just gotten a short message from him about the latest going's on in the Fukoka training camp. It shows the Fukoka's way of fighting an opponent who time-camps weapons.

message sent 17/05/98 ----fukoka.smtp.jp

Hi Mark,

Well, my training has started in earnest now. It's incredible the kind of knowledge these quake masters have to share. For the past two days they have been teaching me the use of the axe. It is the first weapon you should learn, as you always have it no matter how badly the level is going for you.

I used to think the axe was a pretty useless weapon - you just walk up to someone and swing it right? Wrong. There are a thousand different techniques which turn the humble axe into a savage weapon. I can't wait to try it out with the quad.

Also, they have taught me how to use my feet and fists in combat - totally lethal weapons that have been forgotten since my doom days. I was sure I'd need a revised player model or at least some new physics, but it seems ok - even in QW! I am seriously considering leaving rocket launchers well alone any more, and taking on my opponents with nothing more than my trusty axe and combat boots. Imagine the surprise on Ser's face when I whoop him repeatedly with my axe? Hehe. Next week I learn the boomstick, so I'll try to let you know how I get on. I'm enclosing a picture of me in an annual no-gun competition they held yesterday. I won it on my first attempt! The Grand Master says I have the skills of the old ones, and he has not seen my kind of skill since his son (Thrush or Thrash or something) left Fukoka for America and millions.

I heard about the DM4 duel god competition - it looks excellent, I wish I'd been clever enough to think of it. You always were smarter than me - better looking too if truth be told. Tell Reaper, Ser, Bunny, Zero and Overlord I said to enter it or I'll ban their chickeny butts from all the servers. Not that they should bother, as I'll be axe-murdering them all over the level on my return :-)

See ya!

--

John

End of Message
    hehe, some funny things on that webby

Advertisement