Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fitz freeroll last nite

• 11-02-2005 10:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭

WARNING: BAD BEAT SOB STORY IMMINENT

Was in the fitz last night for the first time in a while and it was jammed. The atmosphere was great. The new floor is quality by the way.

Anyway there were 90+ runners, i think, and we were down to the last 15 or 16, with 6 tickets to be won, when this hand came up. Its not that bad a beat when the money goes in but the way it happened was pretty brutal. Blinds are 800/1500 and im on the big blind with A5o. Ive got about 7K in total. Its folded around to the button, who had a huge amount of chips. He had already doubled up 3 players at that table. He pushed it to 5K. I thought about it for a bit and figured i was ahead. I went all in, he called and flipped over A2o. Im thinking split pot when all of a sudden i spike a 5 on the flop (Q 10 5 rainbow). Im thinking happy days, he must be less than 5% to win from here (runner runner 2s or 3 and 4). Im mentally taking all the chips from the pot, around 15K, which would have given me a pretty good shot at getting a ticket. The turn and river bring a 3 and a 4 and im left wandering home cursing the poker gods who couldnt just let the guy spike a 2 and knock me out.

Regardless really enjoyed the night and will certainly be back for more. No matter how much youre playing for online it doesnt even compare to playing for free in a live game, well for me anyway but i havent got much live experience so i would say that. BTW freeroll went extremely smoothly and the guy in charge, i think his name was mark, did a great job from what i could see.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭careca

You were a 97% favourite after the flop. ouch. unlucky.

You're right, it was Marq running the show, with Oscar and Sharon. Good team there. I thought the apron they wore was a nice touch :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,886 ✭✭✭Marq

Why thank you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭F Fiesta

How did you work out the 97% by the way?

And there's no feckin camera's at these yokes is there? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

pokenum  -h ah 2d  - ac 5s  -- qh tc 5h 
    Holdem Hi: 990 enumerated boards containing Tc Qh 5h
    cards  win   %win  lose  %lose  tie  %tie     EV
    2d Ah   63   6.36   891  90.00   36  3.64  0.082
    5s Ac  891  90.00    63   6.36   36  3.64  0.918

twodimes.net is your friend. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭Doc Farrell

That's a nicely written written piece man and I hope you will continue to submit in the same intelligent and sophisticated vein. apart from your opinion of Marq and his rebuy miniskirt, I would have to agree with you.
    P>S> just kidding about Marq, he's as sharp as he ishandsome and damn he's a good lokking kid, especially in that dress.
    D. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

I found out how Marq played pocket nines in a cash game the other night.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

He folded, didnt he, the rock

Thought it best to ask here :

Fitzwilliam cater for blackjack and the sort? Popularity etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,886 ✭✭✭Marq

He folded, saying the words "yeah, your flush is good, i don't need to see it", having bet out on a flop of queen-queen-six. The other guy throws over the flush, Marq curses his gibralter-esque play by muttering to himself "if only i wasn't such i rock, i could have lost 80 quid there"

Actually, whereabouts is the Fitzwilliam???

Opening hours 6-6 I take it?