Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend a game for a laptop please.

Options
  • 11-02-2005 1:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭

My laptop is pretty well specced but no Alienware gaming beast and I'd like recommendations for games that are laptop suitable. It's a centrino 1.8 with 512mb ram and radeon 9000 gfx. So far I think the screen may be more limiting than the processing. I stuck GTA3 on it and the ghosting in the cut scenes was like a bad acid trip!

So aside from Champ manager, what else would you recommend that maybe won't have too much going on on-screen at once and lends itself to laptop keyboard size and layout? I'm open to all suggestions so long as the gameplay is good and involving. FPS and TPS would normally float my boat but I don't hold out much hope of any being playable on this.

Thanks in advance.
    M

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,393 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Try some emulators. There are great arcade games and your laptop should have no problem emulating console up to and including the N64 and PS1.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭ambro25

milltown wrote:
    FPS and TPS would normally float my boat but I don't hold out much hope of any being playable on this.

Very surprised at your comment, particularly given the above specs.

I can run CounterStrike (1.6) at a fairly good clip on my old Dell C600 (P3 750, 256 RAM, Ati M1 8MB card).

I'd imagine you'll certainly run CoD on mid' and HL2 on low' (at very least) without any probs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

did you try turning the motion blur effect (or whatever the stupid thing is called) off in the display options of gta3?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Boro

The games i have on my laptop (centrino 1.4, 512mb ram, 64mb shared gfx)
      Football Manager 2005 Civilization 3 WH40k: Dawn of War Pro Evolution 4 Neverwinter Nights

They all play well and PES4 plays surprisingly well considering PES3 ran like a dog on it.
    Like Retr0 said though, Mame and a few roms would be a great addition too.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

I play loads of games on my Centrino 1.7/Radeon 9000/512 machine. HL2, Doom3, COD, MOH etc...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

I may have jumped the gun a bit here alright!
    I just stuck COD on it and runs pretty sweetly. I wasn't aware of a motion blur option in GTA3, I thought Tman was pulling my leg until I had a rummage through the settings.
    Happy days! Thanks guys.

Advertisement