Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Classic oldie

Options
  • 27-04-2001 9:32am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭

I know its probably been posted before but i really love this one,

Ian Paisley was on a tour of a multi-denominational school in Belfast and he asked the classroom, "Give me an example of a tragedy" A little presbeterian girl stood up and said,"If a person fell off a tree whilst playing,that would be a tragedy."
    "Very good", said Paisley,"but that would not be a tragedy, that would be an accident!" A little protestant boy stood up and said, "If a busload of childeren crashed off a cliff,that would be a tragedy!" "Another good one", answered Ian, "but that would not be a tragedy, that would be a great loss" A little catholic boy stood up and said, "If you Mr Paisley were in a plane flying over this country, and it blew up,then that would be tragedy!" "Excellent", said Ian feeling very chuffed with himself, "but how would you know that was a tragedy?" "Well",said the young lad, "It wouldn't be a great loss and it certainly wouldn't be a ****ing accident".

E.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Hehe..............

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

hahahaha... well said, "young lad"! smile.gif

Bard
    "We do know it was we who scorched the sky..."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭Oh yeah

Hehehe, I like.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

hehehe. good 'un