Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tip for this Sunday

• 11-02-2005 2:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭

Totesport race this Sunday at 3:30
    Monte Cisto at 14-1.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

Can you tell us anymore? Thanks for the tip but we really must make a rule that people should tell us why they're tipping a horse

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭masterK

This horse was all the rage for the Ladbroke hurdle at Sandown, it was backed into 3/1 favourite of 23 runners before flopping.

An interesting E/W prospect for me is Fenix at 33/1, was coming through nicely to challange when it fell 2 out in the Ladbroke, would have finished well in front of Monte Cinto and runs off the same mark tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭Crumbs

So just for the sake of clarity...

the horse is called Monte Cinto? (not Monte Cisto)
    it's running on Saturday? (not Sunday)
    the race is at 3:00? (not 3:30)

That's the most cryptic tip I've ever seen Garth. I like your style. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

Whoops sorry folks,
    im new at this whole betting thing.
    Just got told by a mate in work who's uncle owns a few horses and I thought Id share it with the good folks here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

Haha...well done crumbs.

Thanks for the tip tho Gareth.

• Advertisement

GaRtH_V wrote:
    Whoops sorry folks,
    im new at this whole betting thing.
    Just got told by a mate in work who's uncle owns a few horses and I thought Id share it with the good folks here.
    No probs, I was just kidding anyway. We appreciate the info.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,428 ✭✭✭Morgans

Just to echo the idea of Fenix running a big race. Lovely weight, should enjoy the fast pace, any more rain wouldnt harm, and 40/1 is available if you search. Also Royal Shakespeare off top weight will beat more than will beat him. At 40/1 he looks value if bouncing back to anything near his best form. He puts Harchibald and Inglis Drever off nice weights in this race.

Hawadeth has Nina Carberry taking off a handy 7 pounds. I think he could place at 40/1. But the winner will be Non So.* Currently 14/1.

* Disclaimer: I've been wrong before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Topdog

Had an ew flutter on monte cisto. Hardly mentioned in the race. Not having much luck with tips here at the moment. Hopefuly will pick up.

Crumbs wrote:
    Hawadeth has Nina Carberry taking off a handy 7 pounds. I think he could place at 40/1.
    Hawadeth finished 4th. Got him e/w at 50/1.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 882 ✭✭✭fr wishy washy

Crumbs wrote:
    Hawadeth finished 4th. Got him e/w at 50/1.

she's a good jockey is that nina carbury.she passed her brother paul on the run in today :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭chump

Was on him myself, among others, terrible run of form betting lately... any gems for tomorrow?

she's a good jockey is that nina carbury.she passed her brother paul on the run in today :D
    Yep, and she won the last too, on Karanja in the Grade 2 Bumper. She's easily worth more than her 7lb claim.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,428 ✭✭✭Morgans

He wont be a huge price but I will be having one of my biggest bets of the year on Emotional moment beating Solerina tomorrow. Proven over the distance, on the up, may be catching solerina at the right time. In an effective match, you can increase your profits by going the forecast, or if you want to hedge, you can put a solerina/emotional moment forecast as well as the big win bet on EM.

Advertisement