Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FAO: DS owners

Options
  • 11-02-2005 2:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭

I ordered my DS from lik-sang and am heading to Oz soon. So was wondering can you use them on the plane or does the wireless signal prevent you like say a mobile?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

I'm 99% sure wifi only comes on when you need it so you shouldn't have any problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

they should supply DS's on flights.
    multiplayer mayhem

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

Placebo, you are a genius. I can see it now " LAN-Air":

"N00bs, This i$ j00r Kaptinz $peakx0rIng..."

etc.
    !!

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭-oRnein9-

Your oxygen masks are located in the overhead compartment, Ju$t in ca$e you get p@wned.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

I used mine last week...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I'd assume once you're not using anything with the wireless you'd be ok.
    And how many stewardesses would know the difference anyway?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

I'd assume once you're not using anything with the wireless you'd be ok.
    And how many stewardesses would know the difference anyway?

In flight WiFi has been tested and deemed safe. Lufthansa are offering net con in the air with it. And of course your right about the stewardesses. What you may come up against in the ban on Nintendo handhelds like the one that Aer Lingus have. All though it seems from what iv read here it depends compleatly on the crew you get on the day. Not advisable to argue with them though ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Rew wrote:
    In flight WiFi has been tested and deemed safe. Lufthansa are offering net con in the air with it. And of course your right about the stewardesses. What you may come up against in the ban on Nintendo handhelds like the one that Aer Lingus have. All though it seems from what iv read here it depends compleatly on the crew you get on the day. Not advisable to argue with them though ;)

I'm flying with Quantas so aslong as the WiFi is okay then i should be grand. Now whats this about Aer Lingus having a ban on Handhelds?

EDIT: Check flight Itinerary and i'm using Aer Lingus to get to germany :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

yeh they have a ban on hand held stupid ****, they also have one on mp3 players (this i can't understand)

DS WiFi dosn't kick in unless ure doing somthing multiplayerish so dont worry about it. Pull it out on the Aer Ling flight and put it away if they say anthing to you (ie just play dumb). They let u use Laptops/pda's FFS so banning GBA's etc is just stupid. Some airlines hand out GBA's during the flight to keep you entertained (far cheaper and better then those back of the chair games).

The MP3 thing is utterly ridiculas, people just keep it in their pocket and they know no diferance. I wouldnt use a phone or somthing laser controled though...

• Advertisement

Cremo wrote:
    yeh they have a ban on hand held stupid ****, they also have one on mp3 players (this i can't understand)

Bah!!

They don't allow ipods aswell. They expect people to sit there and look at the back of person infront's head for over 2hrs.

I still don't understand the ban on GBA's and mp3 players

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

yeh it's the worst rule ever, on a flight about a year ago i was using a solid-state mp3 player (no moving parts) and was told to turn it off. Curiously i asked why and they said it's against the rules, i turned it off waited for them to **** off then starting playing again.

ah found this on aer lingus website

Permitted inflight, but not during take-off, approach and landing:
    Palm organisers

Portable audio equipment
    (e.g. Walkman, CD player, mini disk player, iPOD,and MP3 player)

Handheld computer games (e.g. Gameboy)

Video cameras, Digital cameras, GPS handheld receivers

Electric shavers, Electric toys (excluding remote controlled)

I just better make sure the wireless is off as thats on the banned list

Print that and take it with you...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

I used an iPod and other MP3 players on Aer Lingus flights before with no problems.
    Think I used my SP aswell.

Advertisement