Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any interest in a Home Game tomorrow evening?

Options
  • 11-02-2005 3:31pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,927 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Was thinking of giving my new chips and table top a run. Anyone interested in a game tomorow evening. Was thinking dealers choice (holdem/omaha/7-stud) cash game.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭henbane

I would be interested. What kind of stakes are you thinking of?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

Count me in

Hyzepher

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,927 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Open to suggestion on stakes.

Currently 4 takes, me, careca, evillive and hyzepher. So ideally I'm looking for 4 more. Remember drinking and smoking encouraged.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,927 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

I suggest a similar format to the €25 game in the fitz. €25 buy-in max - holdem/omaha €1-€1 blinds, pot limit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Samba

I'd be up for it, although I am in work at 7.45 the next morning and wouldn't be in it for the long haul.

• Advertisement

No problem. I'll pm you details.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭Waylander

I'm game too

Grand thats 6. Enough to play with. 6 p.m. then with all football safely over.

Chris, any chance of a lift down if I meet you at Woodstown roundabout, say 5.40ish?

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I'm up for it but I cant confirm just yet. I'll be playing the freeroll tomorrow afternoon most likely, but after that I hope to be able to get free for the evening. Would love to play, drink, smoke and have a laugh!

DeV.

• Advertisement

Just come along whenever you can and bring some beer.

Late call but 1 or 2 places still free.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

I presume you're going to be still going strong at 11 or midnight?

Should be.

Went on till 4.30 in the end. Thanks for hosting Brian, I think a good night was had by all.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

How did you all do...?

I won 70 on an even three way split on the tournie, and just about broke even on the cash games.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,220 ✭✭✭Davey Devil

You split the tourney at a home game!!! I fear for the future of the game ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭evillive

came out a tenner up which paid for the pizza

good beer, grub, company and poker for free basically

i'm much too nice to take anyones money :D:D

dealer's choice we played omaha, lowball, 7 card stud, 5 stud, 5 card draw,

holdem with you cards held on your forehead so everyone else can see your hole cards xcept you - lafortezza was made fold winning hands twice before he just went on tilt in disgust and won, best laugh coming where we pushed him into folding pocket aces that we all could see :D as they say his face was a picture, when he looked at the fold

the times we played holdem was actually a bit boring :D

and in lieu of finding a better of even what the proper name is if it already exists a new game was spawned last night: 'pot limit 3 card crazy' or reversi or whatever we were calling it

everyone antes in the pot
    gets dealt 3 cards
    having regard to brag hand scoring theres a round of betting

now you discard one card to the player on your left and receive on from the player on your right, more betting follows (ok you could check it down bit no one did) so you could have a made hand and have it taken away - careca had top flush, discarded the high card because he was giving himself extra outs only to hit the flush again but lafortezza to make the bigger flush with the card careca passed to him

has anyone played this before?

anyhow eagerly awaiting the next time for more madness

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

evillive wrote:
    a new game was spawned last night: 'pot limit 3 card crazy' or reversi
    This deserves a new thread of its own!

• Advertisement

You split the tourney at a home game!!! I fear for the future of the game ;)

Ah sure the quicker the tournie finished the quicker everyone was back into play for the cash game. There were not enough of us to start another game as people dropped out so a deal seemed the fairest thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭careca

Great night of cards. Really enjoyed it.

One important point for anyone playing holdem where your two cards are stuck to your forehead for everyone else to see except you.

Just because everyone else has crap cards does not mean you have good ones !!!!!

Thinking of writing two books

Pot Limit Crazy Banana 3-card Split Reversi - An Introduction.
    Holdem with your cards stuck to your head for dummies.

Advertisement