Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Drwatson debugger has encountered error?

• 11-02-2005 3:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

I bought a dell system a month ago, but in the past 2weeks when I turn on the machine if I right click or try to open any file on my desktop or play any album in my documents, the computer becomes really slow and/or stops responding, then I sometimes get a message after a minute something like this 'Drwatson postmortem debugger has encountered an error'

I'd really appreciate some help.

Thanks

Julian

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Julian

I've searched for virus's but my machine is clean. The spec's on my machine are pretty high, 3.5ghz processor with 2gigs of ram, but in the past 2 weeks its become noticeably slow. I've installed nothing new in about 3weeks. But if I right click any file on my desktop the machine stops responding or if I try to play an album in my documents, media player wont respond and I have to ctrl+alt+del it and close media player and that particular music folder. A minute after I closed them through task manager, I will get a message that 'drwatson debugger has encountered an error and must close' . I'm getting this messages even when I'm browsing the net and the only thing open is exlporer, and I get a message that explorer has encountered an error and must close. With the specs of my machine this shouldn't be happening when the only thing open is internet explorer.

Its also taking much longer to transfer files through usb2, yesterday it took well over an hour to transfer 1gig. Emptying the recyle bin sometimes causes it to not respond too.

I'd be grateful for some insight.

Thanks
    Julian

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Julian

I'd really appreciate some insight because this is really starting to affect the performance of the pc.

Thanks

Julain

Advertisement