Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Engineering Ball

• 11-02-2005 4:11pm
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭

Well, seen as we got a nice little engineering gang on here - who's heading off to the ball tonite?

The tux is all set to go, but i'm finding it hard to go and polish those damn shoes!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭theCzar

I had a tragic ball.

I bought a load of beer and a naggan to prep myslef, but i drank it all far to quickly and it was a downhill spiral.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

ah sure it was all good anyway i'd say! i drank too much too - still recovering from the effects. and i forgot to pull down my blackout blind last night so i got woken up with the nasty sun this morning!

the band were good but i wish that eejit stopped talking crap during every song.

citywest stayed standing at least! apart from one stolen bucket...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭blondie83

Red Alert wrote:

Apparently that was my fault for being a "bad infleunce" on her! :D:D:D

Ah was a good night what I can remember, theCzar you falling off the chair and then falling into the table was priceless! Did anyone ever find Eoin in the end? I remember him dissapearing drunkenly off just before the main course and then never coming back! Everyone looked great though, always such a suprise to see people so dressed up like that. :cool:

yes we should do that more often! i was talkin' to the bus driver when i was getting off - he said the next stop was the insane asylum :D

blondie83 wrote:
    Apparently that was my fault for being a "bad infleunce" on her! :D:D:D

That cleptomaniac streak rearing it's ugly head again? dear oh dear.
    blondie83 wrote:
    Ah was a good night what I can remember, theCzar you falling off the chair and then falling into the table was priceless! Did anyone ever find Eoin in the end?

As to falling about, it wasn't my fault, i had several, extremely localised displacements and my equilibrium was rudely jarred, it must have been the soup.

Actually i had the start of nasty cold, which i think magnified my drunkeness, and god knows it needed no further magnification

I hear Eoin got a lift home with some boys in blue...

• Advertisement

theCzar wrote:
    As to falling about, it wasn't my fault, i had several, extremely localised displacements and my equilibrium was rudely jarred, it must have been the soup.
    Yes, apparently Cathal has a pretty good video of the said "localised displacement"! :D And I've been reliably informed that Bren has a lovely photo of you trying to get up off the ground and falling back down...or maybe that was the video...either way it should be funny! Yeah Eoin met some friendly guards while he was walking down the M50. They asked him where he was walking to and when he said Ranelagh they gave him a lift home. Must have been the tux that did it :p
    theCzar wrote:
    That cleptomaniac streak rearing it's ugly head again? dear oh dear.
    but..but it wasn't me...you can prove nothing! NOTHING!!!!!! fingers.gif

blondie83 wrote:
    Yes, apparently Cathal has a pretty good video of the said "localised displacement"! :D And I've been reliably informed that Bren has a lovely photo of you trying to get up off the ground and falling back down

Curse all cameras, there was time you could make a fool of yourself on one night and that was the end of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

There were a couple of golf flags from the hotel adjacent course on the bus I got home. :D
    Had a good night. Food wasn't up to much in my humble opinion.

Possibly it's cos the last time we were there we got steak!

Considering this was my first one, its probably not that.
    Just breadcrumbed chicken with assortment of frozen veg. ain't exactly black tie, €55 food.

• Advertisement

I can see what you mean alright, but then again function food is never quite the best. I can't actually remember what the meal was last year, which is odd as i had not one drop to drink for the whole thing!

What sort of engineering are you btw?

Chemical in all its glory!
    (You can leave out the "Im sorry for your loss" jokes)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭ozt9vdujny3srf

I must track down all you elec folks at somestage, Ye olde boards connection seems pretty common in the department.

Red Alert, you didnt score someone ina pink dress called amanday, or someone called roisin did ye?

In fact, it was roisin.

Ahh bless :)

maybe i did but ya picked the wrong one :p

If it was amanda then all i can say was, THE FILTH! AND IN PUBLIC!

in public? what on earth do you mean?

Wow, we actually have a scandal in the department! :D:D:D

now this is really getting out of hand.

Yes in public.

Anyways, enough of this. Twas a fine ball to be sure.

• Advertisement
Advertisement