Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

New Hard Drive

• 11-02-2005 4:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi Guys, im new here, i do a lot of work between locations, so i need a method of keeping all my important files with me where i am.

Someone said to get an external hard drive,

I was wondering does any one have advice on which type.

I need at least 20 GB to cover my work files.

Thanks for help

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,555 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Any good reason why you need an external hard drive? An internal one would be cheaper and faster.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Any good reason why you need an external hard drive?.
    tee_roaul wrote:
    i do a lot of work between locations, so i need a method of keeping all my important files with me where i am

Answer your question briankeating?

External Hard Drive is probably the easist solution for a large amount of data (> 1GB). You can pick them up pretty cheap these days on komplett and other webstores.

You can find better offers then Maplin or Peats online, I know the Maxtor One Touch drives are suppose to be good and will back up all your stuff by clicking one button.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,555 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Winters wrote:
    Answer your question briankeating?

External Hard Drive is probably the easist solution for a large amount of data (> 1GB). You can pick them up pretty cheap these days on komplett and other webstores.

You can find better offers then Maplin or Peats online, I know the Maxtor One Touch drives are suppose to be good and will back up all your stuff by clicking one button.

I think you'll find I mis read the original post! Sorry

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭Infini

I think PC world are still selling the freecom external drives for 90 Euro up in Blanchardstown although I'm not sure they've still got them in stock.

They're 80 GB in capacity by the way. :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement