Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WOW opening day problems

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭Gizzard

yeah thats crazy that there is already a queue, but theyre adding more servers as we speak, lets wait and see, thats probably why they took down the signup servers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

It's more than a little disappointing given the slating they got on release (and thereafter) in the US. I think the problem is is that they might have got bad press but they wouldn't have lost much or any custom over it, the game is simpy that good.

I think they're probably trying to enforce a spread of the server load without actually enforcing it. If there is no way around their load issues they really should just say that certain realms are full and advise people to plumb for another one even if they want to join their mates. It'll annoy people but at least it's honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭ChRoMe

http://forums-en.wow-europe.com/thread.aspx?fn=wow-general-en&t=390&p=1&tmp=1#post390

The offical line from blizzard about the account creation pages being offline. I'm sitting in work knowing my copy is on my kitchen table couldnt wait to get home. I guess now there isint so much need for me to drive like a madman from work :)

ChRoMe wrote:
    http://forums-en.wow-europe.com/thread.aspx?fn=wow-general-en&t=390&p=1&tmp=1#post390

The offical line from blizzard about the account creation pages being offline. I'm sitting in work knowing my copy is on my kitchen table couldnt wait to get home. I guess now there isint so much need for me to drive like a madman from work :)

yeah that official line is crap, theyre curtailing new accounts until they sort out getting more servers online, it no big deal to stop and start the web service or load balance it if its getting hammered, its really not necessary to take it offline for so long (unless its completly crashed), Im not too worried, it will be a different matter after work and at home about 6, they better be up then!!! )) :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Sarn

Hopefully it'll be sorted by tomorrow. Have the game under my desk in work at the moment, the plan is to got to the pub, wake up with a hangover tomorrow and try and login.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 jodome

Tis a tad annoying to know we have 3 copies of it loaded up on the machines ready to go and not a hope of getting on yet.

Bloody annoying too that you can't post on the forums about not being able to create an account yet coz you need an account to post about not having an account.

:mad:

still you have to wonder what they were thinking, you didnt need to be a genius to figure it was going to be busy at least have an extra 10 servers ready to go...

Advertisement