Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SpiralDirect

Options
  • 11-02-2005 6:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭

Hey.
    I was wondering of anyone has ever bought clothes of www.spiraldirect.com.
    Their website doesn't have the usual security features so I'm wary of using my creditcard. Thing is they have some really classy stuff.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

when you finally get to ordering, it does being you to a secure page

https://www.cartserver.com/sc/checkout.cgi method=POST

but because its buried within frames you dont see that.

If unsure order by mail order - which they do aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

Thanks,
    I'll give 'em a go :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

I ordered some t-shirts off them last summer. They arrived after a few weeks but one was missing. Somehow it had disappeared from my order despite being on the order confirmation e-mail I was sent! I never got any response from their customer service and I wasn't charged for it so I wasn't too bothered about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Zoton

Ordered stuff of them last year. It took a good while to arrive though, and one shirt was mising because it was out of stock, but letter said it would be sent when they got more in. After no word from them for 2 months, i rang them (took a few attempts to get them on the phone) and asked was the shirt in stock. It was, but it took a whole load of extra cc verification etc. over the phone to get it sent.
    Not worth the hassle imo.

Hmm..seems like they're none too reliable. Any alternative suggestions for a reliable store with similar merchandise?

• Advertisement

It really depends - what specifically are you looking for? Jewellery, clothing??

I'd be looking to order clothing. Maybe up to 6 items. T-shirts, Workshirts, Hoodies and some tops for my wife. I don't mind waiting a few weeks but if it runs into months then I'd start to loose the cool a bit.

If you are based in Dublin you can try Asha in Stephens Green

However for pure costing and because you are ordering in bulk it may work out cheaper to order it from SpiralDirect

Thanks for the tips. I'll chance spiral and see how things go. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Ph3n0m wrote:
    If you are based in Dublin you can try Asha in Stephens Green

However for pure costing and because you are ordering in bulk it may work out cheaper to order it from SpiralDirect
    Almost everything they sell is fake.

• Advertisement

Einst&#252 wrote: »
    Almost everything they sell is fake.

unless they are trying to pass it off as official merchandise, which they only do for a handful of items - the rest are cheap copies, but are not claimed as authentic - so be careful, what you said could be interpreted as slander

Advertisement