Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

whats the most ill get selling this rig

Options
  • 11-02-2005 7:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭

im planning on upgrading again to the specs at the end of the page so i might be selling of this little baby...my mind isnt made up yet where or not to wait till mid-year for the dualcore cpus to show there face...but from what i read each core will have much lower clock speeds compared to the single cores thats out and about now ...anyhow im just wondering what my main rig would pull in in yoyos now

heres what i might sell

p4 3.4GHZ 775 OVERCLOCKABLE TO 4.25 STABLE ON WATERCOOLING
    ASUS P5AD2.DELUXE WIRELESS G ED
    1 GB OF KINGSTON DDR2 533MHZ BUT CAN EASLY GO TO 666MHZ
    ATI X800XT PCI-E only one day old
    16X DVD-R -RW
    AUDIGY ZS 2
    PSU..ANTEC NEOPOWER 480
    2 X 160 SATA IN A MATRIX RAID "1+0"
    COOLERMASTER ..WAVEMASTER CASE MODDED WITH EXTRA BLOWHOLES
    WATERCOOLING ...BUILT-IN
    ..DANGERDEN TDX CPU-BLOCK
    INNOVECK GPU-BLOCK ..ZALMAN GPU-BLOCK ON THE CHIPSET
    EHEIM 1048 ..WATERPUMP AND DOUBLE-RAD WITH 2X120FANS
    ALSO ILL THROW IN A LOGITECH DINOVO BLUETOOTH SETUP
    BEST YOU CAN GET..

heres the base of what im thinking of getting..im not sure but :confused:
    dual xeons 3.2ghz 800 fbs nocona core
    supermicro mobo x6dae-g2
    1 gb of ddr2 400 mhz
    two 6800gts
    2x 74gb raptors in raid

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

Alot more than i could afford.... Id say 4/5 the price of what its worth new. Tis a sweet setup n knowing u its well looked after, either way as soon as u stick it up for sale, heck even in this thread ur gonna get "R u gonna split it...."

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

whats the most you'l get? 2000 probably, but only if your a very good salesman
    what will you get ? probably 1700

imho

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭mad m

Have seen this system in action and its damn fast machine.Me wishes to be dubdvd.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

id say most people would be a little apprehensive about buying an overclocked machine.

Not that theres anything wrong with them, id personally have no probs. (except im poor. swap you half a sangwigh for it?)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭dubdvd

we to tell you the turth the cpu and the memory had been overclocked but not for a while now and the X800XT is less than a day old ...cos the the last one one i had went belly up...and those great guys in peats where good eoungh to replace it for me ..."a big thanks to them BTW" ..so this GPU is brand new ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

Id say for gereral usage, ie gaming etc ur kit now will be as fast as the one ur looking at getting... Surely u can play everything out there on MAX resolution etc. R do u just want to be the benchmark king??? ;-)

unklerosco wrote:
    Alot more than i could afford.... Id say 4/5 the price of what its worth new. Tis a sweet setup n knowing u its well looked after, either way as soon as u stick it up for sale, heck even in this thread ur gonna get "R u gonna split it...."

theres not a hope ill split this ...and i know ill be a while waiting for somebody with this kind of money ,,but ill wait as the dual core is looking nice as is the fact that nvidea has bought into intel so they will be doing motherboads based on intel chipsets which means that by that by the end of 05 you will see some p4 sli motherboards doing there rounds ...and it willl be nice to see what ATI are doing behind closed doors ,,they are working on the version of sli so ive lots of time to wait around :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Dark Bane

Why are you getting two 6800GT's? I ask because the mobo you're thinking of getting isn't SLI. The current set-up you have is impressive. I'd imagine it'll fetch at least €1500. You'd do well to find someone willing to spend that all in one go though..

R do u just want to be the benchmark king??? ;-)

how dare you say that to me ;)

Dark Bane wrote:
    Why are you getting two 6800GT's? I ask because the mobo you're thinking of getting isn't SLI. The current set-up you have is impressive. I'd imagine it'll fetch at least €1500. You'd do well to find someone willing to spend that all in one go though..

if you look closer you will see it is SLI...the supermicro,s has intels Tumwater Chipset has both slots 8 x lanes in one and four in the other... it was out before nforce 4 i think :confused::confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,641 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

it won't do sli, it'll allow multi screens tho.

nvidia will use their own chipsets on their p4 boards.

Intel won't do SLI boards, nvidia will.

astrofool wrote:
    it won't do sli, it'll allow multi screens tho.

nvidia will use their own chipsets on their p4 boards.

Intel won't do SLI boards, nvidia will.

sorry to say this ....but....YOUR WRONG ...have a look below

http://systems.scan.co.uk/Systems/ConfigureFS.ASP?SystemID=102

or use google to have a look at the motherboards website the mobo those two slots pci-e 8lanes in one and four in the other... and its been on the market just before or if not at the same time as the nforce4 sli has been ....SO THERE :p:D:D

yes and i do agree about intel not doing the sli ,but now that nvidea has bought into intels chipsets ...nvidea themselfs will bring out sli on intel based motherboards...same as above supermicro is using an intel chipset but adding its own slant on it ...hence two pci-e ...hence sli....

• Registered Users Posts: 16,641 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

maybe it will do SLI then. All I know is that nvidia's drivers detect what type of motherboards is in use when allowing/not allowing SLI, maybe they have turnwater listed as SLI compliant?

2 x PCI-E does not always mean SLI, new VIA boards can also have 2 x PCI-E slots.(16x size slots).

nVidia have not bought into Intel's chpsets, they make their own chips entirely, remember, they made the motherboard chip for the xbox which uses a pentium.

ANYWAY, if you want an SLI dual proc system, this is the motherboard to get:
    http://www.abit.com.tw/page/en/server/server_detail.php?pMODEL_NAME=WN-2S%2B&fMTYPE=Workstation+Boards&DEFTITLE=Y

Paired with a couple of Opteron's, and a few gig of ram, and its a beast, and will easily outdo the Xeon's above (and probably save a bit of dosh over that scan one).

[QUOTE=nVidia have not bought into Intel's chpsets, they make their own chips entirely, remember, they made the motherboard chip for the xbox which uses a pentium.=QUOTE]

this is what i meant to say about NVIDEA and INTEL which kinda means what i said :confused::confused: well it means that intel cpus will fit into nvidea mobo,s ...which is half dozen of one and 6 of the other :o:D if you read the paged linked below you will see where im coming from

http://www.extremetech.com/article2/0,1558,1729927,00.asp

BTW that is a nice mobo you linked me thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

Why you going for 2xraptors with your new rig, u not got for scsi 320????? 15K spin speed etc

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

gline wrote:
    Why you going for 2xraptors with your new rig, u not got for scsi 320????? 15K spin speed etc

Maybe because of the noise they produce ?

BadCharlie wrote:
    Maybe because of the noise they produce ?

The sacrifice you make for preformance :D

noise is a big thing for me as my main rig is in the bedroom and that type of noise will get me a divorce after onnly a month married :D

can u not put it in a spare room, LOL

Advertisement