Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Roster Changes

• 11-02-2005 7:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭

I got thinking about this earlier and was wondering if you had a chance to make a few trades what would you do? Theyre apparently planning a shake up after Wrestlemania so nows good a time as any i suppose to guess. One i was thining of was maybe float Akio to Raw and make a tag team with Tajiri. Raw desperatly needs tag teams and these two styles would work well together i think. Any thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Brow wrote:
    I got thinking about this earlier and was wondering if you had a chance to make a few trades what would you do? Theyre apparently planning a shake up after Wrestlemania so nows good a time as any i suppose to guess. One i was thining of was maybe float Akio to Raw and make a tag team with Tajiri. Raw desperatly needs tag teams and these two styles would work well together i think. Any thoughts?

Not a bad idea about Akio.They have a history from Tajiri's Smackdown days also.If I could make a few trades I'd send Orton,Michaels and Snitsky to Smackdown while I would send Angle,Cena and Luther to Raw.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Brow

But what would poor Mark Jindrak do? *sarcasm*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭Firewalkwithme

I have a feeling that Cade is going to get involved with the Angle - Michaels fued so that might see Cade joinging up with Angle, Luther Reigns and of course, Mark Jindrak, Cade's former partner. Michaels may then switch to Smackdown seeing as there's not a lot left for him to do now on RAW after he got his final beating from HHH a few months ago.

But that would break up his and Triple H's cliq. I cant really see that happening. It would be good but i dont see it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Stalfos

They Desperately need to change the rosters cause people are sick of the same old thing happening. I think micheals would do very well on Smackdown. Also i think Undertaker would do well on RAW. But it will be mostly Mid card people who get changed.

• Advertisement

What about this proposed ECW show around June,I think?Will it be a Smackdown show because if it is,expect many ECW guys on Raw to head for Smackdown.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭cannonballkid

I would send rey to RAW for no other reason but to see Triple H vs rey.
    Orton or cena to chance to smackdown or raw .
    Hass but to wrestle Benjerman but tag with him.
    JBL to heat.
    Sintky to OVW.
    Bring Back RICO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭Seed

Lesnar is coming back. So someone if Batista were to be sent over to Smackdown, that'd be grand. But Batista is staying with Raw so...

I'd say:

Chris Jericho to Smackdown.
    Matt Hardy to Smackdown.
    Muhammad Hussan to Smackdown.

RVD to Raw.
    Undertaker to Raw.
    Akio to Raw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 553 ✭✭✭irishman_abroad

Thought the taker was retiring after mania..........???

I never heard anything about that. Jericho to Smackdown would be interesting but that'd move the highlight reel.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Its all very well saying "such and such should switch shows", but what reasons would you guys have them change shows?

I like the idea of Akio rejoining Tajiri. Preferably as a heel.

I would like to see Y2J go to SD!. He has the type of charisma that SD sorely lacks at the moment. There are a number of fueds awaiting him there - Angle, Cena, Taker, Eddie. The question is, do you heel turn him. Probably. That said though, Y2J is the type who thrives on a "live" audience. Would his work suffer at SD recordings?

gimmick wrote:
    Its all very well saying "such and such should switch shows", but what reasons would you guys have them change shows?

I like the idea of Akio rejoining Tajiri. Preferably as a heel.

I would like to see Y2J go to SD!. He has the type of charisma that SD sorely lacks at the moment. There are a number of fueds awaiting him there - Angle, Cena, Taker, Eddie. The question is, do you heel turn him. Probably. That said though, Y2J is the type who thrives on a "live" audience. Would his work suffer at SD recordings?

Jericho was a dissater on Smackdown,that's why they switched him to Raw.
    He was jobbing to Cena when Cena hadn't even got his rap gimmick!
    I'd hate to see Y2J leave Raw.RAW IS JERICHO!

To be fair, he was 'putting over' Cena, rather than 'jobbing' to him if you see what I mean.

gimmick wrote:
    To be fair, he was 'putting over' Cena, rather than 'jobbing' to him if you see what I mean.

Fair enough,but I seem to recall him losing quite often on Smackdown.The WWE didn't seem to know what to do with him after he lost the Undisputed title.

^^^

They still dont ;) :rolleyes:

So true. Benoit seems to be hitting the same rut Jericho has been in for a while now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Magnolia_Fan

Maybe A.J will take the big money switch to WWE now that he's having a baby!....maybe I'd probably put him on Smackdown if he came, I'd put Lesnar on Raw. I'd like to see Cena go to Raw and Hurricaine to go to Smackdown.Maybe send Tajiri to Smackdown instead of Akio to Raw because they could both wrestle in the cruisers aswell. Same goes for Hardy so might see him to Smackdown aswell. I'd probably throw R.V.D back to Raw aswell.

They dont do much with the cruisers so id rather see some of them in tag action than doing nothing. As far as Smackdown is concerned they need all the star power they can get so Cena can stay and if Lesnar came back he can go to Smackdown as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

Take to raw,
    get rid of orton and michaels from raw to smackdown,
    dunno who else.....

Orton to OVW - God damn it, I'm so sick of the smug look on his prettyboy face all the time. Did you see RAW from Tokyo with all the Japanese girls standing around him and he's looking all cocky - "Wandy, Wandy, Wandy we love you Wandy". Oh please......

• Advertisement

Viscera to the gym.

Brow wrote:
    Viscera to the gym.

Yeah but what good is he without his 'I'm really fat and can't do anything' gimmick?

I see what you mean. Maybe he could use the t-shirt cannon or something. Anything to keep him off tv.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭pingu_girl

Christian to smack down would be pretty good he could get a good push there and a rivalry with john cena would be comical also Heidenreich to raw could be intresting as a new main eventer cuz god the main event at raw just keep getting repeated over and over. (shut up your a girl u dont know nuffin now sit over there n cheer ''wandy'') :o

Christian should stay put - he's on the better show and he's got loads of potential. As for Heidenreich, who cares? He's useless.

Christian puts on good matches. And puts on the best ladder matches in the WWE. He's also great on the mic and willing do have the entire crowd laugh at him just to go along with his gimmick. Brilliant. So, Christian should stay on Raw, more potential there.

I agree, I just think that the only reason Christian isn't a main eventer is because of his size. Look at Edge, bigger but not better yet he gets a huge push.

Aye, Edge has got to be one of the most boring wrestlers in the WWE. Nevertheless, Christian always puts on a good show, so personally, it doesn't matter what title (if any) he's being pushed for. So long as he puts on a good show.

The last time Heidenreich was on raw he nearly ended Steven Richards career. Enough said.
    Christian is the better of the two in my opinion. Edge is boring and a bit stale.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

Edge has been one of the most entertaining guys on either brand for the past few months since his heel turn, in both his character and wrestling.

His matches with Benoit were good, so was him and HBK at the Rumble, and him and HHH on Raw was also entertaining.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Kio

but edge's character is going stale he needs to disaper for a few months and come back with a new gimmick and a few more pounds

D-FENS wrote:
    Edge has been one of the most entertaining guys on either brand for the past few months since his heel turn, in both his character and wrestling.

His matches with Benoit were good, so was him and HBK at the Rumble, and him and HHH on Raw was also entertaining.

*begin interview*
    Edge: I'm angry.
    *end interview*

Seed wrote:
    *begin interview*
    Edge: I'm angry.
    *end interview*

That funny because it's true. I think he would be better with a slightly more gothic, thoughtful gimmick rather than this angry, bitchy stuff he's been doing lately.

He is a heel, he is meant to get on peoples nerves. He is doing a bloody good job of that at the moment. If he took a 'cool' heel persona, he would be a good guy again before we know it.

gimmick wrote:
    He is a heel, he is meant to get on peoples nerves. He is doing a bloody good job of that at the moment. If he took a 'cool' heel persona, he would be a good guy again before we know it.

True but if the fans got behind him with a gimmick like that they could just turn him face.

• Advertisement

Does Raw really need more faces? Edges entire Face run, was IMO, boring. I ddint feel he brought anything, and slowly but surely everyone else reaslied that as well.

He is currently doing a great job as a heel, so why change anything?

gimmick wrote:
    Does Raw really need more faces? Edges entire Face run, was IMO, boring. I ddint feel he brought anything, and slowly but surely everyone else reaslied that as well.

He is currently doing a great job as a heel, so why change anything?

I agree.He has performed vey well in recent weeks and months so I don't understand how people can say he's boring.His match with HBK was great and he has had good matches even as a face.I remember an IC title match against Orton months ago that main-evented an edition of Raw which was excellent.

He's a good wreslter and puts on good matches but he just seems to be missing something. I just don't care about his character, im not interested when i see his promos. He comes across as a bit whiney sometimes...

Advertisement