Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HMV PSP Per-orders

Options
  • 11-02-2005 8:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭

I've just been to HMV and there taking pre-orders for the PSP. They dont have any definite price or release date but they have a guide price of between €150 & €200.

I can't see it going for less than €250

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

saw that myself today whilst on my travels. i would pre-order but the chances of me buying right after release is slim. i'll wait for a good long list of titles first.

nintendo seem to be going all-out on the DS launch though...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Did they mention any release date for it?

/me is spending a lot more importing the yolk

• Registered Users Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭dceire

Winters wrote:
    Did they mention any release date for it?

/me is spending a lot more importing the yolk

They said that they had no exact date but they said that they expect it around the end of march or april

• Registered Users Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

I doubt it will be out till may/june. if they dont have enough for 25th march, one week extra isnt gonna make much of a difference.

Pity.

Sean

• Registered Users Posts: 18,918 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

dceire wrote:
    I've just been to HMV and there taking pre-orders for the PSP. They dont have any definite price or release date but they have a guide price of between €150 & €200.

I can't see it going for less than €250

After the success of the PSP in Japan it looks like Sony are pushing the PSP price boat as far as they can, because they know they will sell. I wouldn't be surprised about €250 either or possibly £250, €300.

I heard a report that the PSP had region encoding. Is that true? Cause if it does it sucks that I can't buy one much cheaper in the US

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

The games don't have region coding, the UMD movies do.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

I think they will introduce the region coding for games when the big titles come out later in the year...... I dont see UMD movies becoming very popular in the near future, I do think Pro Duo cards will hit 2GB and then you wil be able to fit the UMD data onto a memory stick.....

But its early days yet!

S.

Advertisement