Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Survivor

• 11-02-2005 9:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 605 ✭✭✭

Anyone watch the final last night on TG4? I thought it was brilliant. I really wanted Twila to win cos she always speaks the truth and i respect that in a person. And Chris is the biggest bullsh*ter in the world. He lied trough the entire series

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,537 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Nope. First survivor since the start where I simply didn't care about who won. Neither finalist was in any way likeable.

Hopefully Series 10 (Palau) - starting next Thursday in the states - is better. They're shaking things up a bit (20 contestants, all living together on the same beach) and that should mean some fun alliances and backstabbing (i.e. what makes survivor entertaining).

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Pitty they wouldn't do an Irish one. Treasue Island had its moments but it aint no Survivor. As for Cabin Fever hopefully they will realise their mistake and burn every copy of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭norbert64

It was pretty good, although it's kind of hard to keep track of what Season it is, with the U.S spitting out a new 1 every year & then the airdates on TG4 were never that constant, or maybe I aint paying that much attention.

Anywho great finale, I'm glad Chris won, I feared near the end they might throw Twila the win coz she was so amazing @ playing the game. Thankfully though, they were all too miffed @ her still.

WOW :eek: that was S9. I seen some of the first 2 seasons & then maybe S5 but then I lost track completely. A real pity @ least 1 of the freakin channels on Sky wouldn't pick it up. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭JBoyle4eva

norbert64 wrote:
    A real pity @ least 1 of the freakin channels on Sky wouldn't pick it up. :D

Well, I'll give you the full story:

Challnge(Ch. 121, owned by Flextech TV) bought the rights for the first series of Survivor from CBS, and broadcasted it last Febuary.

However, the ratings weren't as strong as other episodes, which felt very bad on Challenge's behalf, as they really did a whole lot of advertising for Survivor.

They decided to syndicate it once more, but in the end they decided to scrap Survivor and abort all plans of future series, despite pleas on the Challenge fourms.

However, it maybe just me, but it seems all reality game shows are now non-exsistent on challenge anymore.

Cheers JB, never knew about that, but TBH I never really watch challenge that much, well xcept 4 the reruns of The Crystal Maze @ 3am, when I'm on the nighshift.

Although, they have started making it a signed show now :( .

Survivor S1, by they sure started out late. Your right though, does seem as if Challenge have given up on reality shows. Last 2 I seen were Celebrity Mole & IACGMOOH U.S. version. C mole was pretty good, but JLO's X winning IACGMOOH, what a RIP.

I guess we will just have to deal with TG4.

• Advertisement

I'm emailing TG4 in a minute asking them when or if they'll be showing Palu.

Oh, go to www.cbs.com/primetime/survivor10/ to get a preview of Survivor: Palu.

Seriously, once you see it you won't believe what's happening this time!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭sephirosis

hey guys,

i really love survivor but i thought i was about the only one in the country!! ive seen like every season. the finale of s9 the other night was pretty good, chris deserved it he lied alot more often and more subtly than twila could manage. i thought it was great too the way he goaded her before final tribal so she "wouldnt take any s**t" from the jury, while he told them exactly what they wanted to hear. i hear that jeff probst is going out with julie berry now too.
    ive seen on the net too that for s10, three people will be gone by the end of the first episode.
    anyway when you find out when tg4 is airing s10 be sure to post it, because it p*sses me off being 7-12 weeks behind america. sometimes the temptation to log onto the cbs site and see whose gone is too much to take *curses self for ruining all-stars*
    good luck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Crania

TG4 are showing another episode of Survivor on Thursday at 11 o clock. Could this be the reunion show or are TG4 showing Vanuatu again? Cos if they are showing old episodes of Vanuatu it'll probably be a few months until they show Palu. Damn TG4

i dont think they ever showed the reunion shows, until they showed the all-stars one, so maybe they'll continue the trend.
    whatever it is though it wont be the new season. if you consider time differences between here and america and all that, showing it here at 11 would mean it would air here before america, and somehow i cant see cbs being ok with that.
    my guess is its the reunion show. then theyll give it a few weeks before starting s10 (a contractual thing probably), or they might even start with the pre-shows.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,924 ✭✭✭Cork

TG4 did push survivor back an hour. That was a pity.

It deserved better than the "wing wing" or "Boston public" treatment.

sephirosis wrote:
    i dont think they ever showed the reunion shows, until they showed the all-stars one, so maybe they'll continue the trend.

Sorry to seem a "know-it-all" here, but i remember for S4(marquesas) they did show the reunion show, but I hope it is the reunion show on Wednesday.
    Oh, and I forgot to email Tg4, so will do it in a minute!

I think there was a reunion show too on TG4, not sure which series & I may be mistaken, but I believe Rosie O Donnell presented one of those shows. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 SOUL survivor

Quote from Cool Ciaran- "I really wanted Twila to win cos she always speaks the truth and i respect that in a person. And Chris is the biggest bullsh*ter in the world. He lied trough the entire series".(end of quote).
    U foolish person. Do u think he was on the "island of honesty"? Fool.

Anyone downloading Survivor 10: Palau? Its a few episodes in, and its shaping up to be damn good... Youngest bunch of contestants in a long time, and its not men vs. women (thank god), so the contest is more rounded. Good to see there is still some imagination in the challenges too.

Seriously, I have emailed TG4 about 3 times now in the last month or so, still no reply on when it's coming on. will email again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Thunder D

"island of honesty"?!?! ha ha ha!! i agree wit "SOUL survivor", if d GAME of SURVIVOR revolved around honesty, we wud never have been threated 2 sum of the greatest ever tv. example: wen my namesake used his genius 2 help JF gain an advantage! i dont me 2 sound condescending (althou i'm about 2) but cn i draw evryone's attention to the word OUTWIT in the logo! ppl kno wen dey 'sign-on' dat lies wil play a huge role in d game&anyone naive and self-rightious enuf 2 feel betrayed wen dey r lied 2 r 2 weak for d SURVIVOR.
    P.S: anyone tink dat JEFF was auditioning for the lead role in BOND-21 aftr his escapades in bringin the votes 2 d studio at the end of VANUATU
    P.P.S: JBoyle4eva is rit. TG4 (d legends dat dey r) showed the reunion for Marquesas. i have it on video. best reunion (dat we'v been shown) so far.
    PEACE OUT SURVIVOR LAND

Man, it took me 10 minutes to read that post, Thunder D.
    You're not writing a bloody text message. :rolleyes:

Glad 2c MOST ppl here know wat they talkin about (Thunder D etc)! I reckon that shot of JEFF on the motorbike took at least 3days2 make! What a legend he is though, n survivor wudnt b d same without him! Imagine an Irish Survivor? I cant, well not unless JEFF was involved! Anyway, Thunder D n JF appeared2b fools, just like COOL CIARAN who claims that TWILA always tells truth! U sure COOL CIARAN that u aint actually TWILA in disguise, trying2redeem urself after bull****tin on ur sons life. That was1of d best episodes I can remember- JF: "My grandmothers probably at home watching Jerry Springer right now"! D way tg4 hav been pushin it back later at night dont seem2promisin though. D amount of prats who watch BIG BROTHER for days on end, hoping that somebody will wake up or brush their teeth, or maybe even shave, shud wake up themselves n discover some real reality tv! TG4 shud bring SURVIVOR back to at the latest 10p.m; It needs more promoting over here cos a lot of ppl wud consider all shows on TG4 to be reject shows, little do they know that TG4 r probably d best business people around, working on a shoestring budget yet managing2bring us the best tv shows! OVER and OUT!

10mins?! seriously?! wow.

anyway, jst wondering which Thunder D "SOUL survivor" is refering to as appearing 2 b a fool!?!

oh, and i kno its unlikly but has any1 seen d film "Finder's Fee" (2001). directed by the PROBSTER himself.

is dis short enuf?

• Advertisement

EMAIL from TG4:

The next Surviver series wil be starting on the 22 April which is a Friday
    at 7.30pm and it'll be repeated on Sunday at 25 past midnight
    If you need any extra information let me know
    Thanks

Thanks JBoyle4eva. Hopefully everybody is really truthful in this series.(sarcasm). Oh, n i was talkin bout d tv Thunder D who was in the pearl Islands!
    P.S: Sorry TmB, didnt realise u had trouble with long posts! apologies4my post 12-03-2005, 12:36. u shud b finished reading it any time soon-hopefully by 22April!
    OVER and OUT!

JBoyle4eva wrote:

The next Surviver series wil be starting on the 22 April which is a Friday
    at 7.30pm and it'll be repeated on Sunday at 25 past midnight
    Hmm, that seems promising. At long last, TG4 are treating Survivor the way it should be treated.

And if anyone is wondering how TG4 can afford to buy so many top-class progammes, it is because they dont have as large of a viewership as other Irish channels so therefore, when TG4 buy programmes it costs less than if RTE buy the same progamme

• Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭de5p0i1er

I've been watching it form season 2 and I think it's one of the best shows on T.V. I'm really looking foward to season 10 and I want to see what changes there going to make to the show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 826 ✭✭✭vibrant

I'm delighted that we'll get to see the latest season. I heard that this season started off with a great twist! I never got into the last season - but I have enjoyed it since the start (I was in my element watching All Stars!) :)

They seem to be keeping the stakes up - episode
    has a great twist which they've never done before, and made for great TV.

Score 7:30 Friday TG4 have moved it to prime-time slot. looks like they are finally recognising how far above other reality shows survivor is, that or the fan base is growing. who knows maybe an irish survivor some day, "pretty-boy" Probst or not.....any ideas of a good host for Survivor Ireland?

Pat Kenny!!

Ah no I'm only jokin with you, I think that Brendan Courtney would be good at it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 MosJ

CoolCiaran: ur jokin rit?!! please tel me ur jokin?! Brendan Courtney!?! .......................(dis's me in sittin in silence in complete shock)...............................................................................

• Advertisement

oh and one more thing: anybody c COLBY one JOEY 2nit (21/03/05). small part. funny thou. i hear he's gna b in d episode in 2weeks time aswel. jst incase any1 wnts 2 check out his appearance. its not dat often we get 2 c a former SURVIVOR contestant on tv dis side of d Atlantic. other dan ELIZABETH on "d look for less"!! (and BLIZZARD OF ODD a few yrs bak!!!) 3 CHeers for ELIZABETH: Hip HIP-Horray. Hip Hip.....

(P.S: i only watch JOEY as a warm up 2 SCRUBS. i swear!)

Hip horray, HIP HIP... god shes damn hot!
    COURTNEY? What u on about? I have nothing against d dude but Christ can u imagine tribal council? " Ok guys, ur super tribe has spoken"!No, Jeff is d only MAN 4 d job! Which1was Colby (in joey)? N whats wit all d abbreviated names? what do they stand4? Something2do with anything? Only 30days2go! Thats about 730.5 hours from now! Which is about 43830 minutes or 2,629,800 seconds! Keep posting; OVER AND OUT!

"MosJ" is a dedication 2 d 'fallen souls' of past SURVIOR seasons! (pretentious r wat!?!)
    any wna try name dem (if u kno wat i mean by "fallen souls")?!? and for bonus points, anyone wna 'guess' why sum have capital letters and others dnt?!

I'm tempted to request a 'txt spk' translator on the feedback forum..... :D

....."fallen souls"??
    im quite at a loss as to what you mean.
    the only thing i can think of is the contestants who left the show of their own accord, not voted out.
    thus m=mike from australia, o=osten from pearl islands, s=susan from all stars, and j=jenna l from all stars. mike gets a capital m for falling in a fire. jenna gets a capital l for being a former winner. the other two get small letters for just throwing hissyfits and leaving.
    hmmm i could be way off the mark but whatever.
    and my vote for survivor:irelands host is magician extraordinaire keith barry. dont know why.

oh and hard luck to CoolCiaran for being voted out of survivor:boards. you were the only one in there who actually seemed to know anything about the game. you rule :D at the very least you should get a brief status as b-list celeb.

• Advertisement

Thank you. I think I would enjoy being a B-list boards.ie celebrity

wow. sephirosis: rit 1st time. i mean: right first time! yeah, sorry, "fallen souls" was a crap phrase to use. u exactly right though. Michael and Jenna get CAPITAL letters because they left SURVIVOR honourably. Osten and Sue were just idiots who should never have been there in the first place. impressive.

and a quick warning: don't watch "Entertainment Tonight US". its on in the afternoon on Sky1. they always show the evictee from that weeks SURVIVOR. BE WARNED

PEACE OUT SURVIVOR-LAND

dis's ridiculous! i'v only bn gone 3days & already ppl r startin 2 steal my 'sign off' (ie: PEACE OUT SURVIVOR LAND) First CoolCiaran, now MosJ. am i bein 2 possessive?!
    wats d deal wit d SURVIVOR-esque role play game/forum kinda thingy? d ting CoolCiaran was in? it doesnt exactly seem SURVIVOR related...

oh. sorry. yeah, apologies. i have a friend who ends text messages with PEACE OUT SURVIVOR LAND sometimes. u just reminded me of it.

anyway, i need EVERYONES help. WONDER BOYS is on tonight on BBC (BBC2 i think). at 2310. AMBER is an extra in it. i'm gonna video and watch it and want EVERYONE to watch it. as a kind of "AMBER-WATCH". see if anybody can spot her. if you do, could you let me know wat time she was on screen at, and i'll rewatch the film.....(i'v got a lot of free time on my hands!)

by the way: where is everybody?!
    CHEERS

Quoting Tmb from 12-03-2005, 12:17. "Man, it took me 10 minutes to read that post, Thunder D."

Are u planning on starting a new language Tmb? Posts take u2long2read yet u complain when sum of us attempt2shortn dem4u! New survivor only18days away! Lets hope ratings go up. Its gonna need a gud start though!(Last series, all of the strongest mental and physical threats voted off 1st, left with prats like Scout n Twila!).
    OVER and OUT!

• Advertisement

Well the day is nearly upon us. Hopefully we shall see a promising start. By the way: TWILA= Twat With Inept Lying Ability.. Hopefully nobody like her in survivor 10. Tg4 tomorrow night ladies and gentlemen. And since most of us havent downloaded the forthcoming survivor, please dont give any hints as to the progress of contestants. Cheers dudes. I trying2get this forum going again since it seems to have sunk way down in the list. OVER and OUT.

anyone watch it on friday nite? promising enough start. thank christ WANDA didnt get a chance! She reminded me of Lillian combined with Big Tom n few other stupid people! Pretty harsh twist at the start but im expecting another one involving the same 2 later in the game! its looking pretty open at the moment although Koror seem to be better organised.. Only time will tell. Theres definitely a good mix of people: a hairstylist, a yokel, 2 hot enough women,2 fools who decided they could swim quicker than a boat, a SHOWGIRL...! Pity about the lack of subtitles though. a SHOWGIRL..! Could put some people off. Jolonda deserved to go! Anyway. OVER and OUT. a SHOWGIRL..!

Yeah thank god Wanda got kicked out, her singing would have drove me mad. I hate the way there is no subtitles, I don't have a clue what your wan is saying but I suppose it is an Irish channel

Advertisement