Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

What's the worst car you've ever driven?

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭zod

My first car :1987 Seat Ibiza 1.5GLX ( system porche engine )

* winces *

when you change gear it used to change lane :D:D

The brake pads fell off when I was changing a wheel once :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Loaded1973

:D a Fiat RITMO!!!! need i say more.... spent more time at the side of the road with the bonnet up trying to figure out why it cut out again...... :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,064 ✭✭✭Gurgle

kbannon wrote:
    One of them Fiat Seciento thingys - just pure evil crap!
    Got my vote too!
    I rented one in Greece, you had to let the engine die down to 1krpm to change up a gear, making it pretty much impossible to get the thing to go over 40mph and the back window was made of sugar.

I learned to drive in a 1978 Fiat 127. They had a very nippy little engine but the rest was assembled with technic lego.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Nissan Micra!! It was a loan car while mine was being repaired after.. yes a MICRA ran in to the back of it :D God it was a horrible car, breaks were useless, changing gears was a pain etc etc...

Although probably worse was an OLD for fiesta my friend drives, no power steering etc but thats just age. The micra was a newish car at the time (01).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭fletch

Gurgle wrote:
    Got my vote too!
    I rented one in Greece, you had to let the engine die down to 1krpm to change up a gear, making it pretty much impossible to get the thing to go over 40mph and the back window was made of sugar.

I learned to drive in a 1978 Fiat 127. They had a very nippy little engine but the rest was assembled with technic lego.
    Musta been the Sporting model you were driving cause anything below that don't have a rev counter (sooo annoying)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

1982 VW Transporter Diesel, the first series. No turbo, no power steering, no power brakes :eek: . 1600 cc Diesel engine from the Golf "tuned down" from 54 to 50 PS /bhp for more "torque". (that hing weighed nearly 2 tonnes) Once you lost momentum, you were f*****. Many a hill I had to go up in 3rd or 2nd gear, because some idiot in front of me would slow down at the bottom of it, stealing my momentum.

Overtaking would require planning application ...basically you didn't

You had the choice of either biting the steering wheel out of sheer frustration for going nowhere very slowly, yank at it with both hands, doing some body-building parking it, or trying to rip it out completely while stepping on the brakes as hard as you could in an emergency.

That was one car to teach you to look well ahead of you while driving it.

Drove it for 8 years though and loved it to bits ...have now "upgraded" to the turbo diesel (with power brakes) and feel like Michael Schuhmacher :D

Most disappointing cars I ever drove were both rentals;
    1998 BMW 316i ...wouldn't pull the skin off rice pudding and very heavy handling in the twisties.
    1999 Merc E320 auto on twisty alpine roads. Waaay to big, waaay to heavy, rolly-polly and annoingly ALWAYS in the wrong gear ...bloody auto box was a pain.

scariest thing I ever drove (not really a car) 1958 MAN 630A (German Army vehicle). Unsynchronised gears, no power steering, fairly good brakes but NO acceleration.
    Dsc00372.jpg

Advertisement