Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arghh!!

Options
  • 11-02-2005 9:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭

I absolutely hate playing idiots in tournaments. They have the luck of the ages and no matter what cards you sit with they always seem to pull something out of their ass when they're really just looking for their head!!

Pre flop and the bets are coming around. We've already done one rotation of bets - nearly all calling the big blind. Gets around to UTG and he calls all in. Next to him folds, and I call him (I have AA). All others fold except 1 other guy who calls the UTG.

OK i'm thinking i've got this made even if a high pair drop, as long as nobody hits trips. Cards turn over -- UTG has 22, and the other guy has 66. I'm thinking great...then the flop comes up

X32
    Turn 3
    River X

OK I lost to a pair of 2's v A's. If it was low betting and I wasn't able to draw the cash into the pot i'd be OK with it - but to call all in pre flop with 2's when he's sitting with 3k and the table average is about 4k. It's just (imo) stupid poker :(

It's getting to the point where i'm afraid to play AA cause these idiots can't seem to lose!

Goes down as one of my beginners bad beats - i'm trying not to lose heart at this point because apart from unbelievably amazing luck on their part, i'm playing well for a newbie :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Hectorjelly

you just got to learn to play AA for set value only :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

I've never lost with AA. I've had them about 647 times so far, still not cracked.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭][cEMAN**

The way I see it, if you're gonna ever call all in pre flop that's your hand. I don't think anyone would disagree.

I can understand that I lost - but I just can't understand that I lost to someone who's that bad of a player to call all in with 2's, when he's sitting maybe 4th out of a 9 man table in chip terms, and then get called as well by someone with 6's (you'd think 2 people already calling all in would make this guy sit up and realise the other two have at least odd face cards).

I had a really bad run of cold cards 2 nights ago. I guess I just got a little pissed off that nomatter how good my cards were I couldn't do anything with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

The fella with 66 is actually in good shape if he puts the other two on AK. Youve got to remember that youre not guaranteed to win just because youve got AA. Unless theyre double suited then its guaranteed just ask Hector.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,886 ✭✭✭Marq

lafortezza wrote:
    I've never lost with AA. I've had them about 647 times so far, still not cracked.

you too?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Lucky b*stards, Ive only had them 327 times but again theyve never been beaten

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Samba

2 of 3 pairs i have been dealt in the past couple of days have been cracked.

On both occasions I was big favourite

#1 Playing a Tourny on 365. Im on BB get dealt Aces, first to act goes all in, second to act calls, fold to me I checked the auto call button UTG shows QJs second to act shows A9o.

Flop comes KA4 two hearts, turn is a blank (at this stage I knew I was going down he had too many outs) river is the 10d.

Gone from the freeze out tourny. (at least it was only 5 minutes in to the game)

#2. Playing a $30 10 seater STT 1.5k starting chips. I am chip leader with 7000 and the next biggest stack has half of mine.

UTG i see AA, I make it 600 to go, next biggest stack min raises me, another player calls, i put them both all in. one flips over A9o the other A7o.

Flop comes 10 3 7 Rainbow turn is a blank river is a 7.

Preflop almost 90% on the flop 87% favourite. Come the turn 95% favourite.

It happens you have to smile and not let it get to you and think long term.

Another point is don't always presume the guy was a bad player, I on occasion in tournys call sizeable raises knowing what I am up against with the knowledge that if I get a very kind flop and hit a two pair etc, the guy holding AA is most likely going to push all in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭careca

lafortezza wrote:

Does Holdem with the cards stuck to your forehead count :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

That was a good laydown, I had reads on all you fúckers.

Advertisement