Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

coaxing timid kittens

Options
  • 11-02-2005 10:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

I have just gotten two four month old kittens who do not want to be handled, they stay under the couch and won't come out. Will they come out if let alone or should I try to play with them? They are extremely timid, they hiss and scatter if approached at all.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Leave them alone for a bit so they get used to their new environment. Everything is strange to them at the moment. So, let them get used to the smell, the sound of your voice .. noise of the telly. Tty to coax them out with a bit of food. They'll be grand after a while, it takes them a bit of time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 chickatee

I'll hang in there and see what happens, thanks a million for your help

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

No problem :p You'll soon be missing the timid in them. Just wait till they start chewing your sofa and watching the telly!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,953 ✭✭✭homerhop

Got a cat that adopted us. She was only a ball of fur when she arrived around my house. Started feeding her. Now 8 months on she would trip you up the minute I open the door to get fed. Still cant pick her up and very nervous if you move suddenly, but she will let me rub her. eventually she will come around but I hope she keeps that wild streak in her. Makes for a better pest controller

Advertisement