Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WOW - CD key problems

Options
  • 11-02-2005 11:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭

Im trying to set up a new account but the CD key input has ground me to a halt. Basically its telling me that the cd key given in the box is invalid. Im tearing my hair out as I've inputted the key correctly like a million times.

Im getting paranoid now thinking someone has a cd key generator or something , and is using my account. I've wrote an email to the WOW billing (the only email address they give), hoping they will sort it out. Im hoping this problem is due to the huge amount of people registering or else thats €45 down the drain.

Please someone tell me they've encountered the same dead end!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

I presume the box you got the game in was sealed?
    I'd be pretty optimistic, usually things like this would get sorted out, but it may take some time. Dont expect to be playing before the end of the weekend. But then you could keep trying to enter the key, asking someone else to input it for you, can help. Trust me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Squall

Check the url at the top. Make sure its the European one. If you went through the in game link you end up at the US account creation page

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭Seeker

Thanks for that info guys. Hopefully I can get to the Euro sign up sheet soon.

THx
    Seeker

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

Put the code in in lower capitals. Its printed in CAPS only for clarity but needs to be entered in lower case.

Advertisement