Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

irish broadband help needed

Options
  • 12-02-2005 12:19am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭

hi all, i was wondering if any of you had similar expereiences with Irish Broadband and if anyone got any result:

ordered breeze (1mb) service just under a month ago (backlog meant i had to wait 3-4weeks for install. i live in tyrrelstown, dublin 15 (new house, well within the ballycoolin mast coverage according to their site) and i have a mate who lives about 5 minutes away near corduff, he has irish broadband no problem...
    basically i just got a letter saying that they "Conducted a GIS test" on my location, which "involves the use of mapping software to asses various geographical features that wpuld affect the availabilty of the breeze package"
    this sounds a bit off to me, maybe i'm naive, but there aren't any mountains between me and the mast and i assumed it was common practise to send an engineer out to do a physical Line of Sight test rather than just guessing it won't work using soiftware.
    anyone else had same thing? is it just madey-uppy or am i really in a broadband blackspot?
    i've already been told i can't get NTL and i refuse to give IOL or Eircom any more money. any ideas? thanks all.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

this post is probably in the wrong forum, mods could you move it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

If you can see the mast, tell IBB.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

IoffL > Net/Comms
    .. better late than never :)

.cg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭optiplexgx270

They know i can see it but are running the GIS report anyways i know it has LOS as i can see the mast from the front bedroom in my house. I had a LOS test 18months ago and failed cos too far from one and tree blocked other but with the new tech ill be ok just ordered it there today cant wait :) but it will be gone when NTL becomes avail.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭thomj42

are you in tyrrelstown too opti? i was on to ntl since, they say cable should be available over the next 2 weeks. trouble is i already have sky digital for my telly and ntl make you pay for the TV too if you want the broadband... :(
    ps. you should update your nick, the optiplex gx280 is out now ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭optiplexgx270

nope in dundrum area

Advertisement