Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WOW is full

Options
  • 12-02-2005 1:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭

Got kicked from Bladefist
    Went to log back in and get:
    Realm is full, Position in queue is 96, Estimated time calculating.

Most of the PvP servers have a status of High population some are at Medium population. All the PvE servers have a status of Low population except for one, which is at medium. The two RP servers are also at Low population. They are having a bad first day. There are clearly not enought PvP servers. This is bad planning by Blizzard.

I do not want to play on a server where I need to queue to get on.

T.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭Cina

It certainly does not seem well planned, I would've thought they'dd have learned considering the huge issues with the U.S. servers, guess not.

Looks like Blizzard are the new GOA !

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭Memnoch

wow you guys are really strict. Ever single mMORPG i've played has had trouble at start. If u look at the number of english servers alone its like 5 times or more than what GOA put up for DAOC and this is like english PvP servers. Lineage 2 had 1 euro server, even SWG had like 2 euro servers. So really giving out about blizzard having only 30 euro servers or somethign is a bit unfair really.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭kipple

I never had to queue to get into a DOAC, EQ, UO or FFXI server. One of the PvP servers has a queue of over 500 people looking to get in. There are 7 PvP servers currently with a queue out of 16 PvP servers which is almost 50% of the PvP servers. This is day one and currently not prime time, the problem will only get worse.

No other MMORG requires you to wait in line to play with your friends, this problem exists in the US and has for a number of months.

T.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭Fenster

Welcome to the queues. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

Memnoch wrote:
    wow you guys are really strict. Ever single mMORPG i've played has had trouble at start.

I disagree, maybe, they would be forgiven for doing it on american release, but they have now done it twice. A 100% success rate of failure :D

I am having a strange love hate relationship with WoW.

• Advertisement

I disagree, maybe, they would be forgiven for doing it on american release, but they have now done it twice. A 100% success rate of failure :D

I am having a strange love hate relationship with WoW.

honestly you guys are extremely fussy. DAOC had a player limit of 2500 per server, or was it 3500 anyway it was a FINITE limit, because more than that u get server lag or something. I'm sure its similar in WoW. Its not blizzards fault if everyone hops on the same server. Yes they need more servers but i'm sure they will bring a few more online in a couple of days as they did in the US. Its easy to complain now, but its better to do it the way they are because otherwise u take the risk of ending up with ppl on empty servers or with too low a pop to really have a lot of fun. So they do a staggered release of servers. Just play on the medium pop servers and if its still a problem u can ur friends can move to one of the newer servers when they open.

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Thordon

Hmm this might rule out pvp for me, not that I particularly wanted to play pvp, bah, wheres my play.com order, missing all the queuing fun :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭Pimp Ninja

I'm happily playing in "Emerald something" PVE server, and enjoying it even after the wonderful signup fun earlier this evening..

Memnoch wrote:
    honestly you guys are extremely fussy. DAOC had a player limit of 2500 per server, or was it 3500 anyway it was a FINITE limit, because more than that u get server lag or something. I'm sure its similar in WoW. Its not blizzards fault if everyone hops on the same server. Yes they need more servers but i'm sure they will bring a few more online in a couple of days as they did in the US. Its easy to complain now, but its better to do it the way they are because otherwise u take the risk of ending up with ppl on empty servers or with too low a pop to really have a lot of fun. So they do a staggered release of servers. Just play on the medium pop servers and if its still a problem u can ur friends can move to one of the newer servers when they open.

They had three months to look at the US release and adjust the EU one accordingly, but we still wound up in an identical situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

They had three months to look at the US release and adjust the EU one accordingly, but we still wound up in an identical situation.
    I can only assume they realised games players will sit and take it, and just keep trying..

if it was any other type of software not working in a very basic way they would have to fix it immediately..

• Advertisement

u guys still don't get it... its not a problem with the software, its a problem with EVERYONE trying to play on the same bloody server. i think you guys didn't bother to read my post up above at all :p There is a good reason why they can't start up with 5000 servers. Its better to let servers fill and open more as needed than to have a bunch of empty servers.

Memnoch: Its three months after the US release and you'll still see queues on many servers at peak hours.

I agree it is not a problem with the software.

It is a problem with the way the resources are allocated. I disagree that it is better to let the servers fill up and add more as needed.

Lets take an extreme case. Lets say there is one server up at the start and I am the first person to log in. I see the server is low population and I am happy. Ten Minutes later the server reaches high population and they open a new server. I log in and find myself in a queue with 500 people ahead of me, how could this happen I picked a low population server? OK no problem I have no friends in the game I will start again on the lowest population server, it becomes high pop and I find myself in a queue again.

Currently they have a bunch of empty servers all the PvE and RP servers except for one are at Low population. This is the correct way to allocate servers. There are enough servers so the population is spread amongst the servers. Good job on the PvE servers. The populations will increase over time and hopeful stay even.

However there were not PvP servers last night. More than 1/2 the PvP servers had a queue and most of them were high population. Here again the population was spread amongst the resources except there were not enough resources to go around.

What may have happened (I dont have the US figures so this is a guess) is that a higher ratio of Euro players wanted to play PvP and they did not have the resources allocated for this. The resources are there but allocated incorrectly. Also it is possible that certain non English speaking countries (Scandinavian countries) picked a server which leads to a higher population on those servers. I dont think there are enough Irish players to make a difference in numbers :-(

I also think the first day is very important for getting a server balance and they messed up. Once guilds and non English speakers decide on servers it is very hard to get them to move thus creating big blocks of players on the High population servers (again this is a guess).

T.

Righ now there are 18 PvP servers and 8 have a queue. Granted it is peak playing hours but also there may be people who have not registered. They have added a couple of new PvP servers.

I would like to play on a server with Irish people and also people from boards.

Is anybody willing to change server to a Low pop one?

T.

Fenster wrote:
    Memnoch: Its three months after the US release and you'll still see queues on many servers at peak hours.

because people insist on playing on overpopulated servers. THere are lots of US servers that have space. At the end of the day, if your gonna stay on a server thats full, you have to accept that there will be queues, because there is only a finite number of ppl that the server can accomodate at a time, and this is pretty much true of any MMO. The reason we see it affecting WoW is because there are so many more players playing it, and hence the tendency for the server to fill up.

Memnoch,

If there were two or three full servers I would agree with you. However 55% of the PvP servers have a queue (10 of 18). This indicates that the correct resources were not allocated.

T.

More numbers.

There are 14 Germany PvP servers 10 have a queue.
    There are 10 German PvE servers ALL have a queue!
    There are 2 German RP servers ALL have a queue!
    There are 6 Frence PvP servers 4 have a queue.

The Germans really like this game!

Blizzard has not allocated enought servers. The title of this threat stands WOW is full!

T.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

kipple wrote:
    Memnoch,

If there were two or three full servers I would agree with you. However 55% of the PvP servers have a queue (10 of 18). This indicates that the correct resources were not allocated.

T.
    Uh yeah, 55% of the PvP servers have a queue. Thats 10 out of 18, ok sure.
    So assuming each server has a load of what, 5000 approx? We'll say 2500 just to err on the side of caution.

Thats 8 X 2500 = 20,000 players.
    Now assuming each of those servers has a load of Medium (again erring on the side of caution) and assuming that Medium is approx half full. We now have space for about 10,000 players.

So I ask you, exactly how many people are in the queues?
    Do you think over 10 PvP servers that 10,000 people are sitting queuing? Cos I really cant imagine that.

So now where are we, well it would certainly seem to the outside observer (ME!) that people are just going to the server of their choice and whinging that the whole system is buckling under the pressure.

Need I say more?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Fenster wrote:

Very true. They seem to have made the exact same mistakes with the European launch as they did with the US one. Back to EQ2 for me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,083 ✭✭✭Sarn

They should have set a population number for each server as they were being filled, exceeding the maximum slightly to allow for chars not logged in. There should never be queues. The problem is server popularity spreads by word of mouth hence why everyone goes to a particular server.

At the end of the day if a server with all your guild mates has filled up, tough, you should have got on earlier. They can't keep adding people indefinitely and they should have a policy to ensure those early on the server don't suffer. Of course this is easy for me to say as I play on Terenas (PvE).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

If they had limited the amount of character slots available on each server you'd all be on here moaning about Blizzard not letting you onto the same server as your friends.

If you don't like queues, move to another server. That's probably what they want, so the populations are spread evenly over more servers.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

Why did everyone and their dog signup on Bladefist? Did I miss something? :rolleyes:
    I went for Deathwing, a medium pop (for now..) realm and have never had to queue.

Matt

Advertisement