Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BBC Question Time

Options
  • 12-02-2005 1:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone watch Question Time on the Beeb?
    Definately the best forum show on TV in the UK or Ireland.
    The main reason is the host - Dimbleby. What a true pro.
    Thursdays night show was from Belfast, with Donaldson, McGuinness, Trimble, Durkan and others.
    Durkan was having his say, when McGuinness kept butting in as seems to be the norm of play in the Irish Q&A and Hearts and Minds.
    What Dimbleby did next was one of the best moments of TV I have ever seen.
    After saying, "Gents please please"... he then said "ok, thats it, I'm going to have to stop the show" (they stopped at this point).
    He continued to say something along the lines of:
    There are 140 people who made their way here tonight to hear you speak, we have millions watching you across the UK and the world. If you keep speaking over one another, people are going to lose interest fast and will switch off. If this continue, I'm going to have to stop the show. For that reason, will you please speak when its your turn.
    Now, lets move on....."

At that moment, everyone in the audience, nationalist and unionist, united and clapped and cheered.

fantastic stuff :)

Advertisement