Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Residence rumours and related ramifications

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Zounds

probably a stupid question:
    NEM?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Nothing Else Matters

ah

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭Rainbow Girl

It's bad enough having to know that I'm now 16 and I think we all know what that means, but to have to spend my "last year" (sorry, i'm kinda in a slight bit of denial here) in a new Res?!?! It's not CTYI without the old Res!! I mean, sitting around in the quad, yelling out the windows at night, the common room antics--how can they change that? It couldn't be the same. Take pity on us oldies please! We've been around too long to change our ways now!

y'know by referring to this year's nevermores-to-be as "oldies" you may be liable to offend and/or enrage those that were around during the 90s

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 602 ✭✭✭edibility

Oh quiet cat, you're not old. And neither am I. Roight?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

You guys make me feel REAL old right about now. My nevermore year was 4 years ago... And it's gone damn expensive! I remember the days when it was 600 pounds residential...
    *takes out walking stick and shakes it at ye young'uns*

600 x 1.27 = 762

Which is hardly that cheap in comparision to last year ^_^

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

If the quad thing is such a big deal, everyone can just run across the road and sit in the old res quad.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

That's what I said at Le Reunion yesterday but apparently it wouldn't be allowed. would it be the Sportalians quad then?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

We were allowed into their quad though, if we wanted, weren't we?

Course didn't actually go because we might have been attacked, and our own quad was incredibly superior, but I don't recall any rules AGAINST it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭nosmo

We were allowed into their quad though, if we wanted, weren't we?
    If we were, I stayed well away. There's only so many times that someone asking you for drugs in broken english is funny.

We weren't. I ended up playing frisbee in there once because of the huge amount of space, and we were asked to leave

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

nosmo wrote:
    There's only so many times that someone asking you for drugs in broken english is funny.
    Ah memories. That was an awkward moment for me.

It was many for me and mac. Apparently bleached blond spikes and long scraggly almost dredz hair means stoners. Fricking foreigners. *makes mimey hand gestures* "papers?! big papers?! you have the marajunananana*extra syllables here*ananan?? we buy??" Ugh. Two years in a row too for mac.

We got flashed by a sportalian when they had their cross-dressing disco....

And someone got filmed changing as well....

Actually, who was that, and did anything happen from it?

It was Aisling, she didn't seem to mind though.....

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭JenLorigan

Which Aisling?

I shot Shaving Gel at them from my window, it was hilarious! Pointed it upwards and when it hit them it was like it came from the sky, they hadn't a clue!

• Advertisement

And then they fled to their embassy and Sportaly decalred war on us

the one with red tips to her hair

Me and my roommate, John, watched them filming and shouting "Again Pretty Girl!!" We were just wondering what the hell was going on in the room they were taping (which they surely were cos' we could see the red light was on on the camcorder) and why we weren't invited. ;)

We also stayed up shining torches into a commons room and annoying the hell out of them. Ah yes, Sportugitalinards are very much an important element of CTYI. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭guX

No way. They can't take away the old res from us. It wouldn't be the same at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Undergod

Aaargh. I have lost track of the residences. I thought there was only three. Hmmm.

I like old res, but I spent three years there, so it's not like I won't have enough memories. I'm happy with either.

So has anyone actually tried to find out what's going on by way of phone calls, etc.?

The residential fee's haven't gone up on the literature, which means that they're paying the same for the res.

someone really should just call or e-mail CTYI and settle this

(someone who isn't me)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,708 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

Oh lord, im a nevermore and ILL send the goddamn email

bunch of pansies

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 470 ✭✭jono087

you're right too bosco

Advertisement