Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

History Mock 2005

Options
  • 12-02-2005 11:25am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭

hi, anyone know what came up on a history mock? Im just wondering in general. I know that there's different ones and all, I was just wondering, if anyone can help so be it, but i don't want to start a thread full of moaning and insults etc. :rolleyes:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 641 ✭✭✭johnnyq

Fúck You. I didn't have any help so why should u?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 306 ✭✭JCB

Fúck You
    Dats a bit harsh don't u think?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭Bono_85

yawn, i tell ya why johnny cos I did the leaving cert last year and got my A1, i was just curious as to what came up in the mock, im not doing it this year. Also note the word mock I'm so pleased for you that you did it... it means nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

Historians are meant to be good at research Bono_85 - but I suppose I'll have to spell this little nugget out for you, since you don't seem to get the point that Johnnyq is making...

*other people are still doing the mocks - you'll know when they're entirely over!*

No, I'll know when someone tells me, if he didn't want to tell me he didn't have to even post in the thread, neither did you. Nor did he need say f**k off.

• Advertisement

"I'll know when someone tells me,"

And then other people will know too - maybe if you had requested that people reply by PM in your message, then he wouldn't have become so 'inflamed' by it.

*taps head* Think. About. It.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭exiztone

NoelRock wrote:
    "I'll know when someone tells me,"

And then other people will know too - maybe if you had requested that people reply by PM in your message, then he wouldn't have become so 'inflamed' by it.

*taps head* Think. About. It.

Wait, hold on... Bono_85 asks someone to post what came up in his or her mock this year. And that any response from someone who has done their mock already (like me) could not help another person because mocks are issued by the school of the pupil and not the state. Then you jump in like G.I. Joe, paraphrase Johnnyq's insult (completely wrong at that). And when Bono_85 clearly stated that you shouldn't even be spamming your nonsense here (as you haven't addressed his question) you insult him again, act like a condescending muppet... and once again throw this thread off topic.

The above was answering the history question: Treat of thread 225496 at Boards.ie

Anyway, Bono_85. My history paper went like this:

Section A
    Economic & Social Problems 1870-1923
    Michael Davitt 1846-1906
    Home Rule 1891-1918
    Carson and Craig (part played up to 1920)
    The Quest for Independence

Section B
    W.T. Cosgrave 1880-1965
    Anglo Irish Reltations 1923-1939
    The Irish Economy 1932-1947
    Ireland and World War 2
    Social and Cultural developments in Ireland 1945-1966

Section C
    Conflict & Division in France 1871-1914
    The Eastern Question 1870-1914
    Russian Foreign Policy 1870-1917
    Britain 1870-1914
    World War 1 (cause of)

Section D
    Collective Security 1919-1939
    Benity Mussolini (benefits to Italy)
    Spanish Civil War (account for victory of Franco)
    The U.S.'s involvement in European Affairs 1939-1949
    The Arts in Europe 1945-1966

The section D was awful because I hadn't prepared for any of them. I had studied Hitler's consolidation of power and The Weimar Republic. I was certain at least one of those would come up so I avoided studying Mussolini. :( Well, you know the phrase, "once bitten, twice shy." :)

It's very impressive you got an A1. Could you give me some tips for the exam? I'm good at memorising facts, I'm bad at actually writing the essays. I really liked the Junior Cert days when you had short questions. ;)

hey thanks alot, yeah i'd a feelin bout carson craig and easternQ, secD is alwaysssss horrible. Anyways, what I did was I'd pick a topic eg Home Rule, then I'd kinda remember the jist of the story just in my head, Then I'd make a timeline of all the events in specific order and put the Dates on them with a little note beside them. The two important things are just know the jist of the story but most importantly the dates, the dates are what get you the most marks.

Secondly, for doing the exam questions, the absolute main thing, is to just keep referring to the question, like if its Treat of the fortunes of the home rule party etc... then say, "another fortune of the home rule party was the 1911 budget crisis etc," so you keep saying fortune, fortunes, opportunities, etc etc the whole time and thats what gets you the marks. It sounds so stupid, and it looks like a really bad english essay, but i promise you hand on heart that thats what they want.

Hope it helps

"issued by the school of the pupil and not the state."

In the majority of schools - this isn't the case in the sense that they're distributed by one of only a few mock paper centres - thus, not by the school of the pupil and certainly not a unique exam. Of course I wasn't going to address Bono85's question - by posting the questions here, you're simply tempting others to cheat on their history mocks (considering that 70% have yet to do their mocks - of course they can 'cheat' by knowing 5 topics that come up and only studying those 5) and therefore, I think it's pretty unfair to post them here in a public setting... and, thus, I was stating my opinion on that concept in this thread. Shockingly, I'm allowed to do such a thing. :eek:

But, oh well, you've gone and done it now. What's done is done. Furthermore, I'd love to know how I was "like G.I. Joe" - but that's another threads work.

jesus, you haven't even answered my question, i said if your not going to please don't bother posting, but no no, you have to get up on your high horse, so just leave it. If people are going to cheat in their mocks well so be it, you can't cheat at history, you have to learn the stuff anyway so it doesnt make much difference. So could you please just relax and go and criticise someone else, but I'm sure you will have to reply, but please, don't, I've had my question answered, thread finished as far as I'm concerned.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭exiztone

NoelRock wrote:

by posting it here, you're simply tempting others to cheat on their history mocks (considering that 70% have yet to do their mocks)

Ah yeah, I thought it would be real easy for others to cheat. My teacher assigned our class' mock and he gave the paper he drew up for us to... let's see... a total of 0 other schools. To think... someone might actually read this thread... look at the questions I got in my mock.... and... and... maybe they'll even study those topics! :eek: Cheating scum... :rolleyes:

Bono_85: Lol, the chap has started messaging me now. Next thing you know he'll start ranting when someone posts "what textbook do you use?"

Thanks for the help by the way. I've wondered though, how many facts/dates/names and stuff would you try and cram per paragraph? In our class, we learned there should be 6 paragraphs plus an introduction and conclusion and in each paragraph 20 facts. Sometimes I think that can be quite difficult; when telling the story of something like say Davitt or Cosgrave... it's difficult to know which facts really are related to him. Like in section B, I answered the Cosgrave question, but I was essentially talking about Cumann na nGaedheal and not Cosgrave himself. It's hard to know when you're really staying on topic. :)

Cheers :D

woah 20 facts a paragraph! no way! Well you know that they mark the paragraphs out of 10 ok. So if you do only 8 then it means you've to score highly in each to get the full 60/60. So what I do is about 12/13 smaller paragraphs including an opening and closing paragraph, which are very important for the x/20 mark. I'd kinda just do a pargraph on a certain thing, for example CnaGael, law n order, i'd do a paragraph on the army mutiny, another on the setting up of the gards etc etc, so you could make about 3/4 smaller paragraphs on law and order alone. That was if you do 12 paragraphs in total, and average at least 5 out of ten on each, you'll get 60/60 easy! and if you get 60/60 your almost guaranteed to get about 15/20 on the culmative mark. Thats how you do it. Also I'm doing the leaving cert again this year, so I'm not speaking from college or anything, I've to do it again and thats the way I do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Certain posters in this thread smell of muppetry, Im not looking at anyone in particular.

/looks at noel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭Berger

Noel seems like a knob to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 306 ✭✭JCB

Berger wrote:
    Noel seems like a knob to me.
    That language is totally inapropriate for a family forum and you have been notified to the moderators

Advertisement