Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

motorsports news (16/07/00)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

From the Yahoo article...

Michael Schumacher was remarkably calm following his first corner exit from the Austrian Grand Prix at the hands of an over-eager Ricardo Zonta.

"Thats one of those things which makes you disappinted no doubt - thats racing and sometimes it does happen," said the German who was punted into a spin by Ricardo
    Zonta.

"I dont think Ricardo [Zonta] did it on purpose, he's not that kind of person," continued Schumacher. "Sometimes it just happens - I'll maybe have a quiet word with him that's all."

Zonta was awarded a 10-second stop-go penalty by race marshals for his first corner effort.

Michael Schumacher wheeled his broken Ferrari back onto the racing line where he stalled, hoping that the race might then be red-flagged.

"From my opinion it should have ben red flagged," said Schumacher. "But the marshals did a good job - too good for me! I would have prefered the race to have been stopped obviously, because I could have jumped into the spare car and started again."

Bah, unfortunately I had to follow the race on teletext, it's not on either of the two channels I have - NBC or CBS (I don't have cable or satellite 'ere).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Slosh

Cloudsers...

Try www.f1timing.com - updated every 20 seconds... fantastic for the friday qualifying sessions...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

nice site slosh..
    this article kinda freaked me out though:

Paul Tracy, Dario Franchitti's teammate in the Team Kool Green team in the CART series, came third in Sunday's Toronto race and the Canadian said that he had a special incentive to run well since he was wearing his friend Greg Moore's helmet. Moore, also from Canada, was tragically killed last year in an accident at the California Speedway, the final race of the season.

"I think what makes me most happy is to be able to wear Greg's helmet in the race," Tracy remarked. "It made a lot of drivers feel good. I want to thank Greg's father Rick for allowing me to do that. It was a tremendous honour for me in front of the Canadian fans."

Tracy auctioned the helmet during a Saturday night fund-raiser, bringing in US$45,000 for the Greg Moore Memorial Foundation.

anyway on the subject of timings .. www.motograndprix.com have a brilliant little applet they run during the two qualifying runs.. shows best times splits everything..

Advertisement