Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tech Support Funnies :-)

Options
  • 03-05-2001 11:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭

tee heee found these ammusing smile.gif
    Customer: "I got this problem. You people sent me this install disk, and now my A: drive won't work."
    Tech Support: "Your A drive won't work?"
    Customer: "That's what I said. You sent me a bad disk, it got stuck in my drive, now it won't work at all."
    Tech Support: "Did it not install properly? What kind of error messages did you get?"
    Customer: "I didn't get any error message. The disk got stuck in the drive and wouldn't come out. So I got these pliers and tried to get it out. That didn't work either."
    Tech Support: "You did what sir?"
    Customer: "I got these pliers, and tried to get the disk out, but it wouldn't budge. I just ended up cracking the plastic stuff a bit."
    Tech Support: "I don't understand sir, did you push the eject button?"
    Customer: "No, so then I got a stick of butter and melted it and used a turkey baster and put the butter in the drive, around the disk, and that got it loose. Then I used the pliers and it came out fine. I can't believe you would send me a disk that was broke and defective."
    Tech Support: "Let me get this clear. You put melted butter in your A: drive and used pliers to pull the disk out?"
    At this point, I put the call on the speaker phone and motioned at the other techs to listen in.

Tech Support: "Just so I am absolutely clear on this, can you repeat what you just said?"
    Customer: "I said I put butter in my A: drive to get your crappy disk out, then I had to use pliers to pull it out."
    Tech Support: "Did you push that little button that was sticking out when the disk was in the drive, you know, the thing called the disk eject button?"
    Silence.

Tech Support: "Sir?"
    Customer: "Yes."
    Tech Support: "Sir, did you push the eject button?"
    Customer: "No, but you people are going to fix my computer, or I am going to sue you for breaking my computer?"
    Tech Support: "Let me get this straight. You are going to sue our company because you put the disk in the A: drive, didn't follow the instructions we sent you, didn't actually seek professional advice, didn't consult your user's manual on how to use your computer properly, instead proceeding to pour butter into the drive and physically rip the disk out?"
    Customer: "Ummmm."
    Tech Support: "Do you really think you stand a chance, since we do record every call and have it on tape?"
    Customer: (now rather humbled) "But you're supposed to help!"
    Tech Support: "I am sorry sir, but there is nothing we can do for you. Have a nice day."

Customer: "One of my friends gave me an ImageWriter printer and this keyboard. He said he gave me all the cables, but I can't figure out how to connect them. Am I missing something?"
    Tech Support: "Well, a computer would help."
    Customer: "You mean this keyboard isn't a word processor?"
    Tech Support: "No ma'am, its just an input device."
    Customer: "Then I need to buy a computer, right?"
    Tech Support: "Yes."
    Customer: "Do I need a monitor? I have everything else."
    Tech Support: "Yes, ma'am."
    Customer: "Why? That is the dumbest thing I've ever heard of."

Tech Support: "What type of systems do you have?"
    Customer: "I have four. A Pentium 200, a Pentium 66, a Pentium 33, and a laptop."
    Tech Support: "I don't think Intel ever made a Pentium 33."
    Customer: "It's a 486 Pentium."
    Tech Support: "Um, did you mean to say 486SX or 486DX?"
    Customer: "It's a 486DX Pentium."

Tech Support: "How fast is your modem?"
    Customer: "I don't know, it's got a Pentium chip in it."

Tech Support: "What operating system are you running?"
    Customer: "Pentium."

Customer: "I'm having trouble installing Microsoft Word."
    Tech Support: "Tell me what you've done."
    Customer: "I typed 'A:SETUP'."
    Tech Support: "Ma'am, remove the disk and tell me what it says."
    Customer: "It says '[PC manufacturer] Restore and Recovery disk'."
    Tech Support: "Insert the MS Word setup disk."
    Customer: "What?"
    Tech Support: "Did you buy MS word?"
    Customer "No..."

Tech Support: "Ok, click on 'Start,' click on 'Programs,' and then click on 'MS-DOS Prompt.'"
    Customer: "Right."
    Tech Support: "Ok, you should now have a black screen."
    Customer: "Uhm." (sound of hand covering mouthpiece) "Cheryl, is this screen black??"

smile.gif

"So long loosers whom I've always hated"

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

cool.gif ****ing class!! cool.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,307 ✭✭✭richindub2

Best one is the first one by miles smile.gif

Originally posted by Lucy_la_morte:
    J'adore richindub2 mais pas le Spam.
    0o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭DrunkLeprachaun

Good, it is.

If there's one thing I hate, it's people.

Advertisement