Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UK Vodafone Phone Q

Options
  • 12-02-2005 11:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭

There's a phone I really wanna get since I got an ad for it in an english magazine a few days ago but it's only available in the UK, on the Vodafone network. I'm going over there soon and I could buy it while I'm there...what I wanna know is will Vodafone in Ireland let me use my sim in it? Anybody any experience with anything like this??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

If you buy it from Vodafone it will be lockd to their UK network. Depending on the type of phone it is it may be unlocked for free (see a couple of thread below this one).

However, if it's UK contract Vodafone won't let you buy it over there without a valid address etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

WizZard wrote:
    If you buy it from Vodafone it will be lockd to their UK network. Depending on the type of phone it is it may be unlocked for free (see a couple of thread below this one).

However, if it's UK contract Vodafone won't let you buy it over there without a valid address etc.

I know it'll be locked to their network, I was just wondering if they'd unlock it if I was gonna use it on their Irish network. I'd already checked that thread but the phone's not mentioned, it's quite new i think. And its not a contract phone, its pay as you go.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

What phone is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

its a VK530. They can't keep them in stock in the UK apparently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭wolfman

I can unlock it if you do buy it.
    PM me for details

• Advertisement
Advertisement