Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Six Nations Week 2

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

i think he did very well, missed one sitter of a kick but tackled better than Jason White and passed better than Cusiter, he was two players in one!
    rkm wrote:
    ...but not up to his high standard.....

Apart from the sitter he missed he got milled early on when Jason White burst through him far too easily to set up Scotlands early penalty opertunity.
    He is back from injury and finding his feet but Id still like to see Humphreys given a fair go. He impressed when he came on I thought.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

Half Time:
    England 17 - France 6

Neither team that impressive..England missing a bucket load of kicks, particuarly barkley, England should have rapped it up by now, but i certainly wouldn't be imtimidated by either side.

Wales Ireland still a grandslam decider for me.
    I just hope the French don't learn too much from defeat, and finnally pick the right team.

That's defenatly true also....but we know better ;)

10 minutes to play:
    England 17 - France 18 :/

England have a missed a total of 6 kicks (18 points) all kickable...any news on the fitness of Wilkonson? They are nothing without him....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

paddy o'bien is a ****ing joke of a ref

Full Time:
    England 17 - France 18

Typical England wouldn't do us a favour :p

France were very good in the second half....england have very little to offer anywhere on the pitch.
    England for the wooden spoon? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,175 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

We have now taken over England in the World Rankings.

Yay :)

Although, championwise it would have been better for France to lose.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭thejollyrodger

We can beat England I reckon. Wales should be straighforward but can we beat the French ?

DubGuy22 wrote:
    Full Time:
    England 17 - France 18

Typical England wouldn't do us a favour :p

France were very good in the second half....england have very little to offer anywhere on the pitch.
    England for the wooden spoon? :D

What poor game between two very poor teams....not helped by some off the wall decisions by the ref.

On the downside, England will be totally focussed on beating us now. Don't think i can remember a time that england have lost 3times in the same championship.

France are brutal. Delaigue is killing their backline...he's like a poorman's ROG. The only thing that worries me about france is their Scrum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭Nukem

Have to say that England looked terrible-Hodgson is very fair fly half and thompson was cr*p.Robinson is no Captain. Should be given to Corry for sure.Ellis certainly didnt look all that.

Frances Scrum looked very good indeed-their maul was disjointed but Englands defence of it was poor also-we should have a field day.\French play Mich and Yachvili we could be in big trouble they worked very well together.
    Wanted France to win so much but if they had lost they would have done a huge favor.

Nukem wrote:
    Wanted France to win so much but if they had lost they would have done a huge favor.

Me too....my head wanted eng to win but my heart wanted france all the way :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭BolBill

RuggieBear wrote:
    What poor game between two very poor teams....not helped by some off the wall decisions by the ref.

On the downside, England will be totally focussed on beating us now. Don't think i can remember a time that england have lost 3times in the same championship.

France are brutal. Delaigue is killing their backline...he's like a poorman's ROG. The only thing that worries me about france is their Scrum.

The ref destroyed the game as he did last week with our match with Italy. O'Brien is a joke, totally inconsistant and has no balls when it comes to sending anyone to the line. Martin Corry was two days late on the full back and should have gone, and then the French full back should have gone for throwing the ball out of play.
    He is supposed to be one of the top refs but on his two showings so far hes far from it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Borzoi

RuggieBear wrote:
    Me too....my head wanted eng to win but my heart wanted france all the way :D

Ditto - lost coverage of the match on the ferry back from Murrayfield for some sort a safety announcement - you should of heard the cheer in the bar when it came back with France leading by a point! :D

Murrayfield game was workmanlike - no real amazing moves, but sloid performances - Lansdowne will be something else ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭spanner

not a great match at "le crush" but still england are england they got two tries againist a strong french defence and if they got their kicks it would be a different story. any team that has josh lewsey and jason robinson can never be underestimated. for the first time in a long while england will be going into a match without all that expection on them, rugby teams all love underdog status.

johnny o connor is a must for the english match, he showed clearly in the two games he played he is better than leamy, and even when glesson comes back it will be hard to drop him again if he keeps playing like that.

humpreys still looks very good and will keep rog on his toes, even with a second choice back line we look very good

daveirl wrote:

i think they have good reason to be cocky, the welsh at the moment are play the most exciting rugby in the competion, their handling of the ball is the best i have seen in years, they move the ball anywere they wont and their supposably weak pack is not looking that bad.
    french game should be interesting, if garvis comes back to match benson in the back row, and the welsh can hold their own in the pack, i can see them winning the battle in the backline, welsh win

what was laporte thinking not picking fredrick michelack, if he gets the sack its gonna be over him. was watching the england game with my french roomate and he said they were going mad in france for not picking him. the minute he came on he made a big difference

yea they probably need another year to reach their peak, but their is no denying they are playing the most exciting rugby of the competion, and granted the ospreys are out of the HK but they are top of the celtic league, ahead of us so they are doing something right

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Loose, unstructured, and freeflowing rugby can be good to watch.
    however if a team with good scavengers starts to dig in and deny possession at the breakdown all the fancy footwork and lovely hands have nothing to do but run and grab at the ball.
    JOC will make it very difficult for the Welsh as long as he is picked.

Advertisement