Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

cheap ways to berlin?

• 12-02-2005 3:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 679 ✭✭✭

Anyone know if there is any cheap and easy ways of getting to berlin from ireland, return flights in june are almost €400 and driving myself is not an option as i don't have a full drivers license yet.

was wondering if there was any other ways of getting there? cheaply

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Chalk

dublin to london
    london to berlin

fly with ryanair
    take your chances ;)

we did it for 100eu return a year or two ago

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭solice

Chalk wrote:
    dublin to london
    london to berlin

fly with ryanair
    take your chances ;)

Ryanair are a fantastic airline. It does exactly what it says on the tin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Chalk

i mean take your chances on the connecting flights
    we did and got to berlin in a few hours for dirt cheap

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

i just went to aerlingus.com and it was €64 each way... what dates are you going?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Eye

If i was going, looks like i won't now, but if i was, then i would be going out on 25th of june, and returning 26th june. literally a flying visit, i could possibly go on 24th or come back on 27th but that involves and extra night accomodation.

I was hoping to get over in the morning/afternoon of the 25th and leave afternoon/evening on the 26th. only flights i've found so far are in the €350-400 region.

In case people are thinking i'm cracking up (you'd actually be right) but i do only want to be there for the one night only as it was a concert i was planning to get too, don't want to see the sights etc... just the gig. too damn expensive now though :(

*edit*
    i should have mentioned it's for 2 people not just one, and aerlingus are €393 for the two people, still looking at €200 for flights per person. makes it one expensive gig :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 524 ✭✭✭Lisapeep

What about flying cheaply to somewhere relatively nearby and then getting a train to Berlin? Train fares aren't too expensive in Europe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Eye

that was an idea i was kinda thinking about alright, maybe flying to paris then getting a train to berlin....if that's possible, i don't know, and i've not had much look finding prices of trains or their routes in europe, anyone know anywhere i could look?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

www.bahn.de has all the timetables you should need - yes it's in German but not too bad to navigate.

You could fly to Luebeck with Ryanair which is about an hour from Hamburg from where you'll get plenty of trains to Berlin - possibly not the simplest of routes but I haven't put too much thought into it :p

Also check out germanwings.com for a flight to collogne and then the train and also try banging in your desired flights into somewhere like expedia.co.uk

A tip with the German trains if you can travel in the evening - after 6 or 7 you'll get the train fare much cheaper and on a fast train, this will probably necesitate travel the day before your gig though (Berlin's a nice place ;)) or the slow trains if your travelling over the weekend should cost next to nothing if you have the time...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 424 ✭✭deedee lepoopoo

I was in Berlin last year, great City. Flew with the airline Hapag Lloyd (www.hlx.com) into Hamburg and then got the train to Berlin. Hapag Lloyd do cheap flights from Dublin and there are loads of trains that go to Berlin & it's not always necessary to advance book. Or u can check the internet for train times anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,441 ✭✭✭jhegarty

Chalk wrote:
    dublin to london
    london to berlin

fly with ryanair
    take your chances ;)

we did it for 100eu return a year or two ago

another vote for that ... actually did it from cork->london ->berlin....

only problem was the flight back was an hour late , but whole thing cost around €100 (including taxes)

• Advertisement
Advertisement