Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Computer restart when burning a dvd

• 12-02-2005 6:27pm
    Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi, quick problem
    When I am burning a dvd the computer just flickers and restarts during the burning process
    burning with nero, any ideas what the problem could be?
    its a pioneer 108 too

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭MartMax

try re-installing nero... or maybe few corrupted windows files...

or probably not enuff power supplies... :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭swiss

I suspect it's either an issue with your dvd burner drivers or else an issue with the hardware itself.

Try the following if you're using windows XP.

Go to system properties (control panel -> system)
    go to the advanced tab
    Go to the settings section of startup and recovery.
    Untick "Automatically restart"

Now, this might fix your problem, but with the caviat that a blue screen may appear instead of a reboot. If this happens, google the error message you receive. You may be able to get more information about the specific problem that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭talking_walnut

What kinda power supply you got?

I had a problem with spontaneous system restarts when I was using a sh***y Q-Tec PSU. "Downgraded" my 450W Q-Tec to a 300W Zalmann and haven't had a problem since. Hella quiet too. Just goes to show :)

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

I can't remember what one I got when I bought the box on itsown, thinks its either a 350 or 400, but this problem has only come on recently I think, I think It must be some conflights think I may just format the computer.

Advertisement