Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Schools Rugby: Who'll Win?

• 12-02-2005 7:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭Easygainer

Anybody been watching the Leinster Schools on Setanta? I'm a former Gerardian and after the win over Terenure it's great to see them in the semis. They still must be the rank outsiders of the 4 remaining teams, esp playing Rock in the semis, but what do you all think?

Me:

To win: Rock
    In a dream world: St Gerard's

Comments

I was at the Match, I'm in Terenure, from what i saw We were awful and Gerard's were marginally less awful, Blackrock have been very good so far and i would tip them to win it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

rock....

is it just me or is the standard of SCT rugby getting worse.....just seems that the rugby was much better when i was on my SCT (1993-1996)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭Easygainer

I was at the Match, I'm in Terenure, from what i saw We were awful and Gerard's were marginally less awful, Blackrock have been very good so far and i would tip them to win it.

I don't think so. Gerards' defence was great, still haven't conceded a try. They were also penalised for way too many penalties in the wrong, Conor Kenna's (no. 3) tackle that nearly got him a card was perfect. Terenure failed to convert their chances but it wasn't for lack of trying - they spent nearly the whole 2nd half in Gerards' 22. Haven't seen much of Rock but heard they were poor at converting chances in the first round and stole the match against Michael's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,175 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

I said Michaels vs Rock would decide the SCT and I stand by it.

Rock to go all the way.
    Pity, I thought it could be our year.

RuggieBear wrote:
    rock....

is it just me or is the standard of SCT rugby getting worse.....just seems that the rugby was much better when i was on my SCT (1993-1996)

Probably not. I always think "Jesus, they're so small" but when you look back at it you probably imagine it as being flowing champagne rugby when really it was a series of rucks and mauls between 12 stone 18 year olds.

The one thing that pisses me off about today's SCT rugby though is the amount of kicking. Every time there's a bit of space, instead of running with it, the ball is just kicked up the field - it's so boring to watch.

• Advertisement

Sangre wrote:
    I said Michaels vs Rock would decide the SCT and I stand by it.

Rock to go all the way.
    Pity, I thought it could be our year.

Michael's are perennial chokers though. Put a Michael's shirt on the Irish team and they wouldn't win the cup... they haven't done anything in the last 10 years and don't deserve to be ranked with the top 8.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

Easygainer wrote:
    Probably not. I always think "Jesus, they're so small" but when you look back at it you probably imagine it as being flowing champagne rugby when really it was a series of rucks and mauls between 12 stone 18 year olds.

The one thing that pisses me off about today's SCT rugby though is the amount of kicking. Every time there's a bit of space, instead of running with it, the ball is just kicked up the field - it's so boring to watch.

Agreed....mind you i was the smallest third (14.5st) of a 48st front row. we used to kill the other front rows in our section (A)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

MARYO'S MARYO'S MARYO'S

Sadly, the odds are more favoring Rock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭gary the great

were de la salle churchtown doing well this year?

hah, when do they ever do well man.

• Advertisement

Shrimp wrote:
    hah, when do they ever do well man.

1985 they won - last school outside big teams to do so! That year was an aberration though for sports - Aberdeen won the league in Scotland and Dennis Taylor won the Snooker world champs!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

up for gerard's as they from bray!!!

Easygainer wrote:
    Michael's are perennial chokers though. Put a Michael's shirt on the Irish team and they wouldn't win the cup... they haven't done anything in the last 10 years and don't deserve to be ranked with the top 8.

Probably because we always do quite in JCTs and then bottle it in the SCT.
    This years team won the JCTs, my years team (2003) got to final etc.,

Anyway, we got knocked out first round 5 years in a row while we were in school. Usually against finalist or winner..ffs. We were never badly beaten, just beaten.
    Although I never rate our chances in SCT.

exactly 1985..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

If nobody's gonna pimp Belvo, i might aswell do it! :p
    Rock will be hot faourites to go all the way, especially with moscow flyer on the wing, but schools rugby, anything can happen...Rock are a really well drilled unit though...can't see them getting beat.

yeah.. whats his name again? and terunue got some guy.. Roish sothing or other..

Are you thinking of Royce? The Micheals Viking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 777 ✭✭✭MarVeL

Heart says Belvo but the head says Rock.

Advertisement