Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

installing coolviva cooler

Options
  • 12-02-2005 8:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭

can anyone tell me if its easy to install a coolermaster coolviva vga cooler on a graphics card,i bought one yesterday and i,m a bit nervous about taking the stock cooler off and installing the new one, anyone have experience with this cooler.Any help would be appreciated thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

I haven't installed this one, but from looking at the photos of it, it looks like the VGA heatpipe one I used to have... it's a tiny bit tricky since there should be a lot of parts, but as long as you take your time, read all the instructions and think before you do anything, then you should be fine.
    I'd check to make sure that the heatsink is rated for your grade of gfx card though, some newer cards will run so hot that the cooling provided may not be enough.
    Also make sure you're using thermal paste in all the right places.
    It's always going to be daunting when you're handling your pride and joy of an expensive gfx card, but like I say, take your time with it, read through the instructions from start to finish, and then read them again as you go along, completing each step... be gentle with the card and don't force anything or bend the card.

My 2c anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭dixsey

SantaHoe wrote:
    I haven't installed this one, but from looking at the photos of it, it looks like the VGA heatpipe one I used to have... it's a tiny bit tricky since there should be a lot of parts, but as long as you take your time, read all the instructions and think before you do anything, then you should be fine.
    I'd check to make sure that the heatsink is rated for your grade of gfx card though, some newer cards will run so hot that the cooling provided may not be enough.
    Also make sure you're using thermal paste in all the right places.
    It's always going to be daunting when you're handling your pride and joy of an expensive gfx card, but like I say, take your time with it, read through the instructions from start to finish, and then read them again as you go along, completing each step... be gentle with the card and don't force anything or bend the card.

My 2c anyway.
    Thanks a lot mate i put it in last night and did what you said,it works perfectly and has knocked 20c to 25c of my gpu temp.I have,nt mastered this overclocking yet but i,ll keep at it.Thanks again

Advertisement