Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bus to Bishopstown

Options
  • 12-02-2005 8:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭

It's been a while since I used public transport and was wondering does the no.8 still go from town to Bishopstown? If so, where in town does it leave from these days, now that they've dug up Grand Parade again. I need to direct a non-bus user to the exact right stop, so the more information the better.

Ta.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

corblimey wrote:
    It's been a while since I used public transport and was wondering does the no.8 still go from town to Bishopstown? If so, where in town does it leave from these days, now that they've dug up Grand Parade again. I need to direct a non-bus user to the exact right stop, so the more information the better.

Ta.

You can pick it up along washington street or western road. Failing that try around the bus station.

And yes it still goies out to bishopstown :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

corblimey wrote:
    It's been a while since I used public transport and was wondering does the no.8 still go from town to Bishopstown?
    Yes it does.
    corblimey wrote:
    If so, where in town does it leave from these days
    It leaves from between the main Roche's Stores entrance and the Merchants Quay entrance on Patrick's St. Just tell your mate to wait at the Roche's Store entrance and look right.
    corblimey wrote:
    Ta.
    No problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

nesf, I forgot that it goes by the bus station. I never managed to get it there when I was using it, but I've heard rumours that it's been spotted down that direction a couple times :)

Since my friend is coming in by bus, this would be the easiest place to catch it. Any idea if it's one of the stops by the station itself or further up towards MQ?

(of course, I could solve all by offering to drive in and pick her up, but eh, neh)

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

corblimey wrote:
    nesf, I forgot that it goes by the bus station. I never managed to get it there when I was using it, but I've heard rumours that it's been spotted down that direction a couple times :)

Sarcastic little.... :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭comet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

Thanks for the link, comet, but unless I'm doing summat wrong, that's just the timetables but don't tell you where to catch the bus in the first place. "Patrick Street" is a big place, and no mention of the station (either one)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭comet

It leaves from between the main Roche's Stores entrance and the Merchants Quay entrance on Patrick's St.

Thats the one

Advertisement