Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DS Subway LANs

Options
  • 12-02-2005 8:53pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭

This is a flyer that thety want people to leave on Subways (i assume NYC) to get regualr DS LANs going

http://www.themodgods.com/LastCarForDSMultiplay.pdf

The idea is genius. Dont know if it would work on the Luas or on the Bus but I could def see potential for regualr DS LANs on the bus to and from college each week (I spent alot of time on buses between Wterford and Dublin).

The site (http://www.themodgods.com/) even has a little LAN organiser embedded in to the menu bar :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭IamtheKing

That would rule. The only bad thing would be the temptation to start a LAN party in the middle of a class...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

One of the NYC DS LANs was in a bar called Sláinte :)

http://www.themodgods.com/SlainteMultiplay/

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Would anyone be up for a DS LAN in UCD?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 760 ✭✭✭TheAlmightyArse

Yum. ("yes")

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭sound_wave

or in cork??

• Advertisement

Or Waterford!? :)

Looks like we need some way for hooking up DS (PSP?) players like themodgods site. Maybe after the full launch next month...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭sound_wave

yeah that be a good idea alright, better get practising on metroid to kick some ass!! :D

Does anyone know if the DS notifies you if another DS is within 100 ft?

sound_wave wrote:
    yeah that be a good idea alright, better get practising on metroid to kick some ass!! :D

Does anyone know if the DS notifies you if another DS is within 100 ft?
    No, they couldn't get the bugs out of that feature before relese so they disabled it... Cannt imagine they are going to roll out firmware updates to add it but its possible

EG: Go to your nearest <Insert Large Games shop here> open up your DS and pick the wireless downlaod feature. DS downloads update and has cool new features.

Then again maybe not...

Anyway I was thinking a site to setup regular DS LAN's anywere and every where would be a cooll devlopment project for a few intrested parties. COuld be open source id say it would catch on in alot of places.

You could have various catogories of LAN like place, bus, plane, train so that you could jsut lookup if any one is going to be on your particular flight to NYC and have their DS with them or you could set up a LAN for a local pub or coffee shop as a once off. Some people are on the same bus/plane/train regualrly and could let people know that in some way.

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

Couldn't be NYC - Can't imagine them being so polite as to give directions to the muggers.

Scene: NYC Subway Station, at night. Mugger meets NYC Person.It is Winter.

M: Excuse me good man, where are the sickly,wiry-framed, insecure, acne ridden geeks with too much money in this vicinity?

NYCP: Why, I believe they can be found in the last carriage, my dear man. Delightful balaclava you're wearing, might I add

M: Thank you for your kind assistance, mofo

NYCP: Fo shizzle, ma nizzle. Good day to you

Exeunt

Scene: Carriage interior, last carriage, NYC Subway

M: GIMMIEWHATYAGOT! GIMMIEWHATYAGOT

H: OMG

L: LOL - BRB

T: FFS

etc.

LOL. NYC is pretty safe these days, I spent 10 days there this time last year. Compleatly diferant place since I lived there in '94. And The Modgods site is NYC based.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

NYC subway is very safe, even at night. and i was staying in Harlem :)

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

You guys are so off-topic. Shame on you and stuff.

Advertisement