Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kotor 2 Nightmare!!!

Options
  • 12-02-2005 9:12pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 603 ✭✭✭

The game just wont stop crashing. never had a problem like this before. Just wondering if anyone could shed any light on this...

Please dont tell me anything based on general knowledge...i mean i want replies from people who have the game and have/know about the problems

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

I have the game, just bought it yesterday. Unfortunately I just bought WoW today, so I dont expect to get back to it for a while.
    I'm about 14 hours into it but I've been applying the "ground rule" so I'm moving pretty slowly through it. Absolutely no problems with it so far. I had a nightmare with trying to install it. The second CD couldnt read data3.cab, but my machine had been on for 18 hours before that, so I restarted and everything was fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

I had the same problem with the original, which was fixed by installing the patch, sorry. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭abccormac

From the readme:
    Known Issues

Intermittent Crashes
    The game may freeze or crash to a blank screen if you play
    in one level for extended periods of time. This was typically
    seen when playing the game between thirty and forty minutes
    without transitioning to a new level or movie. We recommend
    that you save the game often to avoid losing progress if you
    encounter this issue.

Don't know if this helps at all, I got the game yesterday and it's crashed once, but it was quite soon after loading anew area so I don't think it was the above problem.
    (KOTOR 1 on the xbox deleted my saved game, and my brothers by the way, even more annoying than a random crash on the PC)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭SirLemonhead

Mine crashes at either 1 or 5 minutes into the game :\ The video freezes, but the sound continues for about 20 seconds. then my pc totally locks up.

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Loco

had that with old kotor even when i got the updates

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭shinzon

Had the game since friday, playing it constantly and so far it hasnt crashed once, so i dunno whats happening with yours, but the poster above may have your answer

Shin

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I got a crash on it last night. It just froze up after I finished a conversation with someone.

The auto save didn't put me back too far, so it's okay. I just took it as a sign that I should go to bed.

Have you tried the update option from the install menu? it just throws up a bunch of error messages. Very messy....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭neokenzo

Have played it for 5-6 hours now and without a crash. Everything running well apart from it starts in windows rather than full screen but thats easily fix.
    Have you tried using the lastest drivers for your graphic card?

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

I've had about 3 diff. kinds of crashes. Its quite buggy - they released it in pretty poor shape. I aws annoyed when I read the readme - don't tell me about the bug, fix the bloody thing. Hope there's a patch soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

I've had a few problems with it. It crashed on one of the levels, and always at a cetain area, so I just kept saving the game every couple of steps until I passed it and it's grand now. Also, in some cut scenes (not the movies) certain characters disappear. And finally, my copy doesn't read disk 1 as a play disk. I had to download a nocd crack just to get it to work. I'm worried about losing my saved games once a patch comes out.

Aside from these problems, it's a fairly kick ass game!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭shinzon

hmm just had my first kinda bug in this game, i was listening to one of the cut scenes with the t3 unit and for some reason the cutsecne jumped and i have no idea what the thing said or if i was to do something on his advice

Very annoying but i did complete the peragus mission so it mustnt have been to critical

Shin

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

shinzon wrote:
    hmm just had my first kinda bug in this game, i was listening to one of the cut scenes with the t3 unit and for some reason the cutsecne jumped and i have no idea what the thing said or if i was to do something on his advice

Very annoying but i did complete the peragus mission so it mustnt have been to critical

Shin
    There should be a log book that records all the dialogue that you have heard in the game. What the T3 said should be in there, hopefully.

I had an odd crash last night, where when moving from one area to another the loading screen never kicked in and I was just left with a black screen. But the menu system was still working, so I was able to save the game and then load it back up again and it was fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭Praetorian

I have come accross one or two non critical bugs. Very impressed so far. Sorry I can't help.

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭-oRnein9-

I'm replaying the first atm just going complety down the Dark Side , have KOTOR 2 ordered from play, my plan is to play completely through 1 and 2 dark side and then light should keep me occupied for a while, I hope KOTOR 2 isn't too buggy though.

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

Its very playable (and enjoyable too) I think the best advice is to save - often,

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Loco

I cant get past create character screen without it crashing.. music plays just blank screen

buggy piece of sh*t

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Prior Of Taize

ty guys. it really is a good game tho. i was overwhelmed by the first...and for those of you who have played it i never saw the whole plot twist coming...i was astounded...lmfao @ my girlish glee.

yeah i got the latest radeon drivers. my machine stays on for a few days @ a time but it still crashed after 5 or 6 hours of being off.

powercolor radeon x800 pro fyi

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Loco wrote:
    I cant get past create character screen without it crashing.. music plays just blank screen

buggy piece of sh*t

That's what happened to me. Just get a nocd crack from Gamecopyworld.com and it should sort it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Haruspex

The LucasArts forum is now reporting that an international v1.0a patch is available here.

There are no details on what it fixes yet so I'd hold out on patching until there's some more information. Hopefully it'll address some of the issues we've had with the game so far! :rolleyes: Proceed with care...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Gilgamesh

bought it on Friday, and have been playing (literally) the whole weekend, and only had a single crash, when it was loading back from a swoop bike race on Nar Shadaa.
    the new patch was released but no statement on the fixes yet.
    saw a few clipping bugs but that is it.

THIS GAME ROCKS!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭superfly

i've had nothing but problems with any Lucas arts game i've played on the pc
    Jedi knight:Jedi Outcast i had video problems but managed to get around it
    Armed and dangerous might as well be a tea coaster same as Jedi Academy as i can't play these at all!!
    they make great games but buggy as f*ck!

Hope that patch fixes the problems. One thing I've found annoying is the Swoop Bike racing, when the race starts, my bike jumps up into the air and doesn't come back down. I don't understand how its so buggy, its almost identical to the last game, just new content. Lazy.

Edit: If anyone else has had the swoop bike problem, I read that if you press the right mouse button (jump) as soon as the race starts, then hit the left button to accelerate, it solves the problem (if the patch doesn't already)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,306 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

I've just installed the patch and all it seemed to do was update one of the dialogue files and drop in a .pdf of the manual. I can't see how this could fix the numerous problems.

It apparantly just fixes spelling errors in the text and what have you.

Arse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭orangerooster

Got it last night-very impressed with it but when the fmv cutscene with the ship arriving to the mining station played it did so with no sound!

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Can't seem to get my hands on the Xbox version at the moment, everywhere's sold out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭steviec

Maybe its just a coincidence, but since I stopped alt-tabbing(something I normally do a lot of) into other windows last night the game hasn't crashed once, before that it was crashing a lot.
    It's really annoying because it's such a good game and the first one never crashed with the same engine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Can't seem to get my hands on the Xbox version at the moment, everywhere's sold out.

apparently a game store companies didn't get their full order. Try tomorrow or friday

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Got it in Gamespot on Friday, and it's fecking brilliant. Haven't had much chance to really get stuck in yet, but I'm at the third location (the Telos landscape) and I'm totally hooked. I like the reference to past events and characters from the original - hope we get to find out more about what happened to Revan.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭dearg_doom

haven't played it yet, but I've read all about the rush-job style problems!!

here

seems a pity to me that such a critically acclaimed game has to have a sequel rushed in this manner just to cash in or whatever...

roll on the next videogame crash I say!! that'll prune off these cash-in Charlies I hope!!! :D

Advertisement