Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Did anyone see This?

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

Hrm, that makes me nervous but I'm reluctant to clamp on it considering the response he's getting.

I'll send him a PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

ecksor wrote:
    Hrm, that makes me nervous but I'm reluctant to clamp on it considering the response he's getting.

Leave it there so. Dev might make the papers next week as well. I'll keep an eye on the courts section. ;)

To be serious the names and phone numberes are the dodgy part, if they were removed the rest would be fine . Its better to be safe than sorry IMHO.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭joe.

Its true. I applied for one of their jobs. Yesterday I definitely got that text he was talking about. I never put 2 + 2 together. 100% imo

• Registered Users Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

joe. wrote:
    Its true. I applied for one of their jobs. Yesterday I definitely got that text he was talking about. I never put 2 + 2 together. 100% imo

As ecksor said judging by the replies it certainly appears to be true, Its just dodgy to name names like that and really the post could still stand if the names were ommitted.

I was just being civic minded by posting it here as I though it may have slipped under the Radar.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭joe.

Yeah I'd never think of the implications of using names like that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭Nukem

I think its a fair post except - the naming of the guy who is supposedly responsible (innocent til proven guilty) using the bosses name from jobs.ie surely is public knowledge so should be ok. Naming the places/companies is that bit more tricky!!!!!!

Would nip it in the bud before toes are tread upon

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Maybe ask idontknowmyname to change his post to just say "The name of the guy on the advertisement was ...." as opposed to "the guy responsible is .....". The latter makes accusations, the former states knowledge that's in the public domain, but doesn't make any specific allegations or implications.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

Without sounding stupid.....While i kinda understand why the owners of Boards are responsible for these sort of things,The Law (Libel/slander?)seems to be a bit unfair imo. Surely it should go after the actual person who makes the post.

I've noticed a few really stupid post recently including one punter who named some friends of his parents and stated they were having extramarital affairs over on the Maybach thread in motors. Would it not be fairer that the poster is responible for their own posts...?

Apologies for going off topic kinda

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

It would. But that isn't the law of the land.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

RuggieBear wrote:
    Without sounding stupid.....While i kinda understand why the owners of Boards are responsible for these sort of things,The Law (Libel/slander?)seems to be a bit unfair imo. Surely it should go after the actual person who makes the post.

I've noticed a few really stupid post recently including one punter who named some friends of his parents and stated they were having extramarital affairs over on the Maybach thread in motors. Would it not be fairer that the poster is responible for their own posts...?
    You see, that would seem to be the logical thought behind it. But th law says otherwise. boards.ie, as the publisher, is liable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

seamus wrote:
    You see, that would seem to be the logical thought behind it. But th law says otherwise. boards.ie, as the publisher, is liable.

Suppose, I'm just bemoaning our retarded libel laws...find it annoying that boards could be shutdown by some ****ing dolt/child saying something stoopid

Advertisement