Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

What bike do you have

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭echomadman

Your right there (in my case). Liked the bike. Haggled the price then bought. I just hope its not an issue if im going for a trade in. Ive not had any problem with the exhausts or engine so far (touch wood). Do you think it could be an issue when trading in?
    It probably will, best thing to do is call a few shops and ask what they'll pay for it with.without the aftermarket pipes.
    Then call a few breakers and price a set of stock pipes, do the maths and see which works out better for you.
    btw there's a typo in your sig, its contentment not contemptment

• Registered Users Posts: 34,862 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

1990 Kawasaki GPz900R-A7

GPz900A7-1.jpg

http://www.gpz900r.org

Ten years on bikes today :D I started on a sh**ty little 100cc stroker, but it was still fun... just not as much :)

The Dublin Airport cap is damaging the economy of Ireland as a whole, and must be scrapped forthwith.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Phryxus wrote:
    If that was universally true then why would big pipes even be in production?

Whatever you say !!!

Do what you want with your bike.

After all, ignorance is bliss.....

ninja900 wrote:
    1990 Kawasaki GPz900R-A7

GPz900A7-1.jpg

http://www.gpz900r.org

Ten years on bikes today :D I started on a sh**ty little 100cc stroker, but it was still fun... just not as much :)

Very nice,

The front end looks very similar to the early 80's Katana .

I love the retro look, it's timeless

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭dewsbury

Phryxus wrote:
    I've been considering going for a dragstar classic 650, if I did get one I'd get a big set of noisy pipes, the louder the better imho, aside from liking the sound, the more people can hear you on the road the less chance you'll get driven into by some blind f***er in a micra. Course I dunno how practical the 650 would be for filtering. If it's not too much wider than my 125 (it had the bars bent way out) then it should be ok.

Phryxus!

Noisy bikes are very irritating to the general public - sheer mindless noise pollution. Please consider the rest of us and keep your bike as quiet as possible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,518 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

My SV1000s:

SV1000s-1.jpg

<Well, not mine, but the same as mine>

dewsbury wrote:
    Phryxus!

Noisy bikes are very irritating to the general public - sheer mindless noise pollution. Please consider the rest of us and keep your bike as quiet as possible.

Shouldn't that read: Noisy vehicles are very irritating to the public?

dewsbury wrote:
    Phryxus!

If the proper pipe modifications are done to a bike it can benifit the proformance and the sound greatly.

It has been noted in tests that "noisy" bikes save lives. The right tone from your pipe can insure that people will hear you coming without being an annoyance.

I ran my bike with straight-through pipes for 2 weeks and it did my head it but I did notice that people do get out of your way alot quicker.

If you are decide to modify your pipes get some professional advice first of all (not from the shop you intend to buy them from) and ask yourself what you expect from the pipes, ie; proformance wise, sound quality. On most bikes with smaller engines it won't make a slight bit of difference apart from making your bike very very loud.

Anyway this is going completly of topic !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

My SV1000s:

SV1000s-1.jpg
    How YOU doin'?

/me cries

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭test999

My SV1000s:

SV1000s-1.jpg

<Well, not mine, but the same as mine>

lovely sv krusty. full power? I'd say it sounds lovely with the arrow zorsts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

Had a 125 Intruder till I went into the back of a beemer, have a 125 virago atm thats just sitting uninsured, deciding on weither to get a 400bros or a car...

test999 wrote:
    lovely sv krusty. full power? I'd say it sounds lovely with the arrow zorsts.

Mine actually has a set of scorpions. Does sound great, though I end up pushing it in and out of my estate during unsociable hours. Not terribly loud, just a very deep bass rumble.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭Phryxus

Just a final word on the whole exhaust thing, are they irritating to other people? yes, if a cowboy job is done will it turn sour? yes, but I'm selfish and I'd pay the extra to get it done properly. Anyway it really doesn't matter.

Lovely SV1000s by the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭batman_oh

my rs250
    P3090057.JPG
    and the rvf 400
    rvf%20good%20pic.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭bugs

Yeaarrrrrrr, me hearty (slightly modified) RVF400, my timbers have been shivered!!!!
    rvf-remodel.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭spunkymunky

Damn!!!!

Phryxus wrote:
    If a cowboy job is done will it turn sour? yes, but I'm selfish and I'd pay the extra to get it done properly. Anyway it really doesn't matter.

Ehmm, I guess you're not referring to slip-ons here, you're talking about a full exaust conversion, including cutting, soldering, remapping etc?

Swapping slip-ons couldn't be easier. And if they're designed for the bike, then you may not need to re-map. Couldn't be easier.

Ehmm, I guess you're not referring to slip-ons here, you're talking about a full exaust conversion, including cutting, soldering, remapping etc?

Swapping slip-ons couldn't be easier. And if they're designed for the bike, then you may not need to re-map. Couldn't be easier.

Expensive taste is a kick in the nutz sometimes

I guess on a 125 DragStar you don't have the slip-on option..
    So what are you looking for in your next bike?

Very nice,

The front end looks very similar to the early 80's Katana .

I love the retro look, it's timeless

Thanks. [for trivia fans, it's the bike that features in "Top Gun" :D ]
    Heavy by modern standards but handles well and cheap enough to run, was the hottest thing around in 1984!

The Dublin Airport cap is damaging the economy of Ireland as a whole, and must be scrapped forthwith.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭LB6

Hiya,

I originally had a Virago 250, lovely bike for starting off with. Few yrs ago I bought a Bandit 600. Best move I ever made. She's absolutely gorgeous. As I'm only 5'4" the seat/ground distance was an inch too much so I lowered her a bit. She's made to measure now and rides like a dream. I took her down to France last summer, over the Pyrenees and into Spain. Wow what a ride. Hope to do a long spin again this summer.

Enjoy the biking. Keep your wits about you at all times.

Shar. :)

I'm looking for something powerful and comfortable with low insurance, something that can hit the ton, the xvs650 is an insurance class 6 but it doesn't seem practical for commuting. I really have no idea at the mo.

Just having a look in the blue pages of bike buyers guide and saw that the bandit 600 is in insurance group 5, anyone any experience on one of these?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭cranoo

go to all the rallies here and in england on me Nighthawk CB 750 :D

Phryxus, that would be the factory restricted Bandit 600. The full power model is a much higher group (but should still be cheaper than the race-rep 600s). Unfortunately if you buy the full power bike and get it restricted you won't get any insurance discount as the restrictors are very easily removed.

That's not the case with the factory restricted bike, usually you're looking at a whole new exhaust system, igniter box and maybe even camshafts, a few hundred euro in parts alone at least. Not worth the hassle, you'd be better off selling it on when your restriction period is up.

So on the upside you get a good sized bike with much cheaper insurance, on the downside you'll have to sell when your restriction is up and nobody with an unrestricted licence is going to want to buy it. Your call.

Also: the EU is looking at the moment at increasing the power restriction from 25kW to 35kW from 2007 or 2008. Someone on a restricted licence in a couple of years time is going to want a 35kW bike, not a 25kW like the one you'll be trying to sell.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭sutty

Heres a pic of mine mary-jayne1.jpg
    I've replaced the stock pipes with Highway hawk "Fat pipes" for a 125/250 back in the summer of 04 for a 125/250.

She's a 250 btw.

Have her a year and 5 months now. not had any probs, no crashes or drops thank fully..

sadly this is my old bike front1.jpg

Oh and this.. bearing in mind it was the end of summer and I had not got my armored pants on.... tank1.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭MizzKattt

Yamaha FZR 600. It's in sorry shape now but was a great deal. At the welders now and then off to be powder coated glossy black.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 307 ✭✭Haket

I've a Triumph Speed triple for dry days :-) and a Suzuki DRZ400s Supermoto for days like today. Both have changed slightly since these pics were taken, but you get the idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭RoadRunner

The rs250 and the two nc35's are lovely.

Is that a tyga subframe and rear end on the black one ?
    I've got an nc30 and two crf450's ('04 and '02). I will be selling the older one soon.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭MizzKattt

I recenlty asked my mechanic the status of my bike.

Advertisement