Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester Derby

• 13-02-2005 1:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭

Man City
    D James, D Mills, R Dunne, S Distin, B Thatcher, S Wright-Phillips, J Barton, A Sibierski, S McManaman, K Musampa, R Fowler
    Subs: J Macken, N Weaver, N Onuoha, B Wright-Phillips, W Flood

Man Utd
    R Carroll, G Neville, R Ferdinand, W Brown, G Heinze, J O'Shea, R Keane, Q Fortune, D Fletcher, W Rooney, P Scholes
    Subs: T Howard, P Neville, C Ronaldo, R Giggs, D Bellion

Strange choice by Fergie no giggs or Ronaldo- Wheres Saha - not injured again?

Anyone got a link to a live stream?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Great to see O' Shea forcing his way back on to the team.

Yea, would love a live feed to this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭kida

soccerstreams is gone :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

kida wrote:

Anyone got a link to a live stream?

I don't but you may find one here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭kida

Cheers Muppet - can never get any of them to work

http://217.68.23.12/freepremiership.com/Upcoming/UF130.htm

Bunch of links there, no idea if any work.

• Advertisement

kida wrote:
    The espn links I just gave work, my 512/128 connection is too slow though :confused:

kida wrote:

There will be a link on http://www.redweb.tk but you may have the same problem with that.

0 0 at halftime with city having the best chance of the match. Mcmanaman missing from close range. O shea off injued after a clash of Heads. Ronaldo on for him. Close game with both teams playing well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

It dont look too great, maybe giggs can make a difference

Booyeyaeyyeayheaheahyeahy :)

• Advertisement

PHB wrote:
    Booyeyaeyyeayheaheahyeahy :)

Which when translated means another goals for that waste of Money Rooney.

I 0 to United on 68 Mins .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

og from dunne, the 2nd i mean

He was unfortunate on the 1stone, ronneys shot was going to hit James till it took the deflection off Dunne and into the corner. Can we make a case for 2 Dunne Og's ? :D

Stekelly wrote:
    og from dunne, the 2nd i mean
    Unlucky for Dunne he was having a good game.

What did you think of fowler on Neville ? I though Fowler left the boot in on him intentionally. He's lucky to be still on the pitch.

Yeah, it was James' fault.
    If James was off his line, it means he was coming to claim it, therefore he should have called which he didn't.
    Dunne tried to deal with it, and was unfortunate, but if James was on his line he would have saved it

Fowler will be looked at on video replay, not for the foul, but for the nick which the ref didn't see.

The Muppet wrote:
    Unluck for Dunn he was having a good game.

What did you think of fowler on Neville ? I though Fowler leftt the boot in on him intentionally. He's lucky to be still on the pitch.

He dived in a bit alright but tbh I think Neville was annoyed mostly because he thought Fowler deliberately kneed him in the head on the way past.

**EDIT** just saw the 2nd part of PHB's post (thought it was a sig) I dont think it was deliberate, he took off running and just clipped him, he was looking ahead to where he was running, if he was looking down then its a different story.

When you watch the clip, you'll see how he moves his weight onto his left leg so when he hits him hes less noticable in his bodys reaction.
    Scousers :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,284 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

id imagine it was intentional robbie hates neville as most scousers do!

anyone see the stats in the news of the world comparing fowler and roonys stats this season, almost identical!!

i say bring king robbie back to anfield!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

a chelsea performance from utd- winning a game without doing anything ie- luck.

good result, had 0-0 written all over it but good man dunne :D utd had the luck today, now lets hope chelsea get unlucky as they havn't done all season up until the city match at home.

utd were under pressure today, 12 points behind. chelsea were underpressure last week, gap closed to 8 points and they slipped up. utd can still win the premiership.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭d22ontour

They can win the premiership, just not this season :(

Chelsea P27 W21 D5 L1 F50 A8 PTS68

Last 10 games no goals conceded, we are playing for 2nd place, deal with it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

d22ontour wrote:
    They................we

make your mind up. we're not playing for 2nd place. until it's mathematically impossible we're playing for 1st. utd still have chelsea at OT.

if youre a utd fan, u see that as a 6 point gap. chelsea also have arsenal (home) and n'castle (away), they way their playing they'd be very lucky to nick full points there. banana skins inbetween like bolton (away), southampton (away) will be tricky as on their day both can beat anyone.

you must believe utd can win it. you dont throw in the towell until it's over. with robben out, chelsea look toothless and could well struggle to score like theyve done the past few matches.

I wouldn't say luck that they were lucky.

Man City had one chance and they didn't put it away.
    United got the same chance, and rooneys shot was going in even withouta dunne touch imo.
    Then second goal was luck, but its not like we were under threat really at all in teh second half, SWP was much more contained.

I betcha Fergie was thinking about how much it would cost to buy SWP :)

p.s. I dont think we'll only win the premiership, I feel the treble is on this year.
    It ain't over but its entirly in Chelseas hands, its up to them whether or not we win the title, and all we can do is win every game between now and the end, if we do that, I feel we still have a good chance.
    Keep in mind, we have Chelsea on the second last weekened of the season, that match could decide it.
    It'd be nice to win the title at Stamford Bridge :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

The Treble is definitely on.

Chelsea will go out of the Cup next weekend, no Robben, no Drogba, no Terry.

Ah I wouldn't say that now, but its a nice prospect.
    Newcaslte playing for absolutely everything in that match, they need to get into Europe this season and will do evertyhign possible.
    No Robben - blow
    No Terry but isn't Carvalho(I cant spell his name) back now?
    No Drogba, I thought he would be back for the game?

It'll be a good game for sure :)
    Then again, United have a very tough tie aswell, especially if Giggs and Ronaldo are in anyway injured, they might get a rest in teh FA Cup just in case of Milan.
    P.s. Ruud on the subs bench next weekend, hes back baby :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

The espn links I just gave work, my 512/128 connection is too slow though :confused:
    thats why the magical Winamp links were invented. The link The Muppet posted has a forum on it. Forget all the WM player links, go to the forums and you'd get a Winamp link about 5mins before kickoff. Just to let you know for the next time you need one. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,654 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

The Muppet wrote:
    Which when translated means another goals for that waste of Money Rooney.

waste off money you dont know what your talking about rooney will be a brilliant player in the future also he was brought in to win games and what did he do today

win the game for united

That has to be the funniest post I've ever seen in my life,

like yeah, ffs muppet, stop picking on rooney!!!!!!!!!!!

PHB wrote:
    That has to be the funniest post I've ever seen in my life,

like yeah, ffs muppet, stop picking on rooney!!!!!!!!!!!

i 2nd that

snoopdog wrote:
    i 2nd that

Ahem I,m sorry, don't know what came over me I promise I won't call the over rated Rooney a waste of money again.

Hey snoop do you think Rooney has a future at United ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

smemon wrote:
    make your mind up. we're not playing for 2nd place. until it's mathematically impossible we're playing for 1st. utd still have chelsea at OT.

if youre a utd fan, u see that as a 6 point gap. chelsea also have arsenal (home) and n'castle (away), they way their playing they'd be very lucky to nick full points there. banana skins inbetween like bolton (away), southampton (away) will be tricky as on their day both can beat anyone.

you must believe utd can win it. you dont throw in the towell until it's over. with robben out, chelsea look toothless and could well struggle to score like theyve done the past few matches.

in any case there's always the chance Chelsea will be docked 3 points if they field an unregistered player

The Muppet wrote:
    Ahem I,m sorry, don't know what came over me I promise I won't call the over rated Rooney a waste of money again.

Hey snoop do you think Rooney has a future at United ?
    i can see Ronney as one of the best forwards united will ever have
    give him 2 yrs and he will be a brilliant player himself and Ronaldo are ones for the future

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

Mcmannaman what were you thinking? he should have buried it. I can't see Chelsea slipping up in the title, the solidity in the team is unbelievable. Those narrow 1-0's will do for me till Robben gets back, Joey Cole did well yesterday.
    I feel sorry for Dunne build like an ox but awkwarness is his achilles heel.

snoopdog wrote:
    i can see Ronney as one of the best forwards united will ever have
    give him 2 yrs and he will be a brilliant player himself and Ronaldo are ones for the future

But he cost an awful lot of money do you not think that money could have been better spent. United could have got Emille Heskey for about 11 Million and Diouf For 10 and they would have had enough left over to buy the new Zidane Bruno Cheyrou..

The Muppet wrote:
    But he cost an awful lot of money do you not think that money could have been better spent. United could have got Emille Heskey for about 11 Million and Diouf For 10 and they would have had enough left over to buy the new Zidane Bruno Cheyrou..

funney stuff whole lot are wasters

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Hahaha... Muppet, stop picking on the boy... ;)

Good win for United. Pity Chelsea have it in the bag now... :S

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

snoopdog wrote:
    waste off money you dont know what your talking about rooney will be a brilliant player in the future also he was brought in to win games and what did he do today

win the game for united

for 26 or so million he should be winning them every game, he should be banging in the goals like RVN. As was pointed out today, he has the same amount of yellows as he has goals. i can think of so many better ways united could of spent that 26 million.

Its another poor transfer buy from fergie i feel.

we will see in 2yrs is he worth 26 million because i know hes worth every pennie more aless now

snoopdog wrote:
    we will see in 2yrs is he worth 26 million because i know hes worth every pennie more aless now

Ah HA you're waivering.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

snoopdog wrote:

i think he might be worth that in two years aswell, might not though. And thats the big risk.

26 million was worth it

• Advertisement

Big risk, yeah its ****ing huge.
    What amazes me is how stupid the entire world is, like its like every single manager in europe thinks he is going to be one of the best players in the world.
    Its crazy.

26 mill, for lets see, 12 years, thats roughly 2 million a year, yeah i'm happy with that.
    I'm fairly sure thats a good investment, not that wasted
    If he is sold before then, I'd imagine he might get some sort of return for it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,981 ✭✭✭Big Ears

wasn't Ronnaldinho cheaper when he was leaving PSV :p .

[tries to stick thorn in Man United fans sides]

PHB wrote:
    Big risk, yeah its ****ing huge.
    What amazes me is how stupid the entire world is, like its like every single manager in europe thinks he is going to be one of the best players in the world.
    Its crazy.

26 mill, for lets see, 12 years, thats roughly 2 million a year, yeah i'm happy with that.
    I'm fairly sure thats a good investment, not that wasted
    If he is sold before then, I'd imagine he might get some sort of return for it
    man u have this deal with everton a certain amount each yr and if the reach the final of the champions league more dosh for evertons pocket somthing like that

Big Ears wrote:
    wasn't Ronnaldinho cheaper when he was leaving PSV :p .
    ill never forgive united for letting Ronnaldinho go with all united millions they refused to go any higher [what a player]

Yep, ronaldinho was cheaper, however hes 26, which is half the time we have Rooney for.
    I'm not saying he wouldn't have been worth it, infact I'm fairly sure Fergie thought he was worth it :)

---

p.s. we got Ronaldo instead, who I think will be the next ronaldinho in about 5 years

snoopdog wrote:
    ill never forgive united for letting Ronnaldinho go with all united millions they refused to go any higher [what a player]

Ronaldino is an overrated waste of Money too. He's not even a pretty boy .

The Muppet wrote:
    Ronaldino is an overrated waste of Money too.

Blasphemy , it like saying something bad about Zidane :eek: .

Big Ears wrote:
    Blasphemy , it like saying something bad about Zidane :eek: .
    ahh but Zidane was a legend in his time but hes to old now not as good as he was

snoopdog wrote:
    ahh but Zidane was a legend in his time but hes to old now not as good as he was

I agree , but still a quality player .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭Brian017

Lay off Rooney he's 19 or so.

• Advertisement
Advertisement