Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

recommend paint touch-up service ?

Options
  • 13-02-2005 1:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭

Due to the apparent inability of some folk to park their cars without shaving paintwork off mine I need to get some touchup done on my car.

I'd like a decent job done (hence not going DIY). It's 2000 merc and the work is mostly needed on the corners of the bumpers plus a small area of the driver-side door that needs doing. There are two small chips from (I guess) loose stones that need to be repaired because I can see them starting to rust.

I see a lot of mobile services but don't know if any of them are any good.

Any recommendations ? Would like someone to come to the house and do the job.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭Ratchet

What could be small damage to you , can be actually respray job as there is very little what you can do with clear overcoat once was physically damaged. Only surface haze/light scratches will polish up, any areas damaged with visible basecoat will need to be resprayed.

any proper paint shop will charge you mad $ and will remind you that you do own merc.

find smaller crush repair place as some do amazing job, forget mobile service

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭Dan_B

Carcraft have done a touchup on both mine and my GF's cars.
    They are very resonable do a good job and have a mobile service.
    They specalise in minor damage like you have mentioned.

www.carcraft.ie.

Advertisement