Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iRiver DivX Player 40GB PMP-140

Options
  • 13-02-2005 2:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭

Anyone got one? What is your opinion? I ordered one from Komplett on Saturday, so will hopefully be with me Tuesday.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Is1ldur

Actually just cancelled this and am getting the H340 instead. Decided I don't really need it. Just need somewhere to store all my music.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭The Recliner

With a firmware upgrade you can use the H340 as a divX player as well.

Do a google for Mysticriver and there are threads there which will give you all the info you need to do this. Seems fairly straightforward and is a nice little bonus on that machine

• Registered Users Posts: 6,317 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

With a firmware upgrade you can use the H340 as a divX player as well.
    Ye at 10fps, it's a slide show :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,220 ✭✭✭digiman

I have a h320 and the playback is fairly good. The only problem i had with it was that the sound wasn't in sync with the video, but this was probably the person who done the conversion. The other films i have played back well.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Here hang on a minute. That's the lite version on Komplett, and what I thought was the full version on mx2.co.uk is actually the lite version :mad:

The full version (includes cradle, external mic and remote) is €432 delivered compared to €390 delivere for lite version. Personally I would never use that remote, but I would like the cradle and if you didn't have one already, the external mic could be necessary some day.

The full 20GB version is €316 delivered, massive difference for an extra 20GB considering the price difference between the H-140 and H-120 is something like €20!!

Anyone else see any cheaper sollutions?

• Advertisement

Blah I'm sick of hunting around for a H 140 so I decided to get the 40GB H340 with the remote €430 is very steep but €110 extra for double the capacy is OK. I really needed an MP3 player + portable hard drive for when I'm moving stuff around. €430 including delivery is good for the full version of the H340. I'd rather have the LCD remote but what can I do? I'll be getting years of use out of this so I think it's worth it - I hope :(

Why so glum? I am not a rich kid who's daddy buys him what he wants, I was saving up for my H-140 for ages and researching which was best to spend my hard earned cash on for about a year. I love my IHP. You are going to love yours. Good buy and enjoy it.

Go to www.misticriver.net for anything you want to know on it:)

cormie wrote:
    Why so glum? I am not a rich kid who's daddy buys him what he wants,
    Ditto.
    cormie wrote:
    I was saving up for my H-140 for ages and researching which was best to spend my hard earned cash on for about a year.
    Ditto
    cormie wrote:
    I love my IHP. You are going to love yours. Good buy and enjoy it.

Go to www.misticriver.net for anything you want to know on it:)
    I hope I'll like it but with the same bugs present in it that were present in the H1** series of players I am a bit worried. It's a fair large chunk of cash I'm blowing on this and frankly I would have prefered the H140 with LCD remote to the H340 with no LCD remote. The LCD remote works on the H3** series but appearently it introduces the "clicking bug". iRiver are working on an LCD remote for the H3** and promise that they will fix the bugs with firmware updates......I can only hope.

They have already released the H3XX remote in Korea. I don't know why it isn't available here yet. I wouldn't worry about the remote ticking sound. You can only hear it at a low volume level, 3-0 or there abouts. You will probably be using the remote when out and about, where there will be cars and people all around so you will need the volume at about 20-30 so this will not effect you unless you are isolated in a quiet room. Where you can easily just d/c the remote.

RockBox is currently in development for the H1XX series. This is an open source coding that will add on the fly playlists and MANY more features (I think you will even be able to play gameboy games on it!!!!) this has been in development for quite some time and I think it should be ready within a month.

Once they have this done I think they will start work on the H3XX which will not take as long as they have figured most of the compatability issues which will be the same in the H3XX as the 1XX so it's looking hopefull!

Terrible the way we have to rely on third party developers but all I'm concerned about is having the best functionality possible for my DAP and this is the best solution.

H-1XX Gameboy emulator

cormie wrote:
    They have already released the H3XX remote in Korea. I don't know why it isn't available here yet. I wouldn't worry about the remote ticking sound. You can only hear it at a low volume level, 3-0 or there abouts. You will probably be using the remote when out and about, where there will be cars and people all around so you will need the volume at about 20-30 so this will not effect you unless you are isolated in a quiet room. Where you can easily just d/c the remote.
    My earphones. I wont be listening to music at high volume.
    cormie wrote:
    RockBox is currently in development for the H1XX series. This is an open source coding that will add on the fly playlists and MANY more features (I think you will even be able to play gameboy games on it!!!!) this has been in development for quite some time and I think it should be ready within a month.
    I know what it is I've heard about it on misticriver.
    cormie wrote:
    Once they have this done I think they will start work on the H3XX which will not take as long as they have figured most of the compatability issues which will be the same in the H3XX as the 1XX so it's looking hopefull!

Terrible the way we have to rely on third party developers but all I'm concerned about is having the best functionality possible for my DAP and this is the best solution.

H-1XX Gameboy emulator
    I wouldn't be too excited about Mario I'm more interested in shuffle.

• Advertisement

I've experienced E2's, you'll be listening past Volume 5 anyway so you wont be effected.

I'm not much of a gamer myself, I'm more into my music, the reason I speak of the gameboy is that people want playlists and shuffle before games. Games are a bonus so I'm guessing they have playlists etc sorted :D

Advertisement