Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Request to be a Moderator on Sailing forum

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

I just hope none of you are employers! someone comes into you asking for a job and you slag them because they asked to work there? I don't get the big deal really....................blah blah

And the way that you've dealt with what you've come up against means you'll make a superb moderator (not). Do as Koneko said, and you might actually demonstrate some value to the community rather than the negative response you've recieved here.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Now, I'm going to be friendly, yet honest here, and if you take it up as me being a bollox, you're reading me wrong.
    Wez wrote:
    I just hope none of you are employers! someone comes into you asking for a job and you slag them because they asked to work there? I don't get the big deal really. I asked to be a mod, for a good reason, and you start a slagging competition?
    Actually, that's not really the way it works here. Imagine if boards.ie was a large supermarket. Now, this supermarket has a large wine section, and you happen to like your wine. Of course, when you ask any of the staff about the wines, or attempt any kind of discussion pertaining to wines, they just shrug their shoulders and say "I dunno". So, recognising a gap in a niche, you approach the manager, and say - "I would like to apply for the position in your wine section, I know a lot about wines." However in this case, there is no position going in the wine section, and the manager has thus far seen no need to employ anyone specifically in the wine section. He also notices that you're not a very loyal customer, having only arrived once or twice to perhaps buy a couple of small things.

Of course, you have also asked him out loud, in the middle of the canteen, at lunchtime, and left yourself at the mercy of the rest of the staff who will give you their opinion on it too.

A more delicate approach would perhaps have been to say "Excuse me sir, but I couldn't help notice that you have a generous wine section, yet nobody in particular to tend it...." and continue from there, creating the need for such a position before applying for it.

Also, most of the people here who actually slagged you weren't mods.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

Sorry Wez!

You probably don't deserve the slagging and have your heart in the right place but if you had a bit more experience of Boards you would have known that this sort of response is "normal".

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Alright Wez, there's no need for a mod right now, so do your magic and we'll make you mod if we see fit that you should be.

But let it be known that Cloud works in mysterious ways.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Wez

You all make much better points now.. I can see why you're mods.. Seamus, that's a brilliant example, and now I totally understand. Ruggiebear, I appreciate the apology, and you make a good point. So I'll do what I can to boost posters, and we'll see what happens..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Beruthiel wrote: »
    I can also just vouch for the fact that Lump is indeed a 5 years old, and that I have the mental age of one, does that count?
    Ah, bless! ... our Beruthiel is growing up so fast! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭tallaght01

Fair play for offering to help out, Wez

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

Jesus, I remember this thread from before it was dragged up for almost no reason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭tallaght01

a 3 year ressurection?? lol

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

667ur8hi107v6exoaqcs.jpg

• Advertisement

Silverfish wrote: »
    Jesus, I remember this thread from before it was dragged up for almost no reason.
    O_O

Jeez, don't ask me! ... I opened Feedback, and there it was!! I didn't even notice how old it was!

Maybe something to do with the problems with the server earlier? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Ah, maybe someone bumped the thread, then deleted their post after someone had replied, making it look like it was you who had bumped it? Deceptive.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

Someone replied pimping their site while bumping the thread. The post which bumped the thread has since been deleted.

Ahhhhh ... thanks, Karl, I'm going to choose to believe that's what happened, anyway, for the sake of the tiny modicum of sanity I have left ... :D

(and Amz!)

Weyheyyy! I'm not gone completely bonkers!! \o/

... or am I ?!!11!1

>_>

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Poor old Wez will not know whats going on the next time he logs in,the poor chap may think he has finally been made a Mod.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Amz wrote: »
    Someone replied pimping their site while bumping the thread. The post which bumped the thread has since been deleted.

Yes, and my incredibly witty reply to their pimpage has been lost forever.

Damn gremlins.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

BUMPY BUMP BUMP - I'm still 5 :)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

And here I was wondering why someone with over 1000 posts was asking questions like that... :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement