Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bring robbie fowler back to anfield?

• 13-02-2005 4:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,284 ✭✭✭✭

This is somethig i have been thinking about for the past couple of months and id like to see what other liverpool fans think,

in my opinions gerrard is gone in the summer and to be honest given his body language and contining chat about how he will go if we arent challenging id be happy to get the 30m for him, alonso is a class act, get a decent player alongside him and we can form a good midfield (the paper talk is if we sell gerrard rafa would like ballack and swp, ample replacements imo)

anyone back to the fowler thing, gerrard goes leaves carra as the only real scouser left.

Fowler in the past 3 months has shown that he is coming back into form and he has played exceptionally well for city since christmas, his awareness and ability to make a goal from nothing is top notch, i saw an opta stats comparision of him versus rooney today and there si nothing between them except rooney has had more shots and fowlers passes are more accurate but they both have the same amount of goals, similar % success etc.

Fowler would love the come back, he has unfinished business at unfield, he is back to as near his best he will ever be, even at that in my opionion he is a top striker,

finally the kop would love to see 'god' walk out on the anfield turf again, i know it be a dream come true for me.

And id imagine a couple of million would get him, he could be the catalyst for a new beginning, he wont whinge about wanting to leave hes a true scouser

who's with me!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Cyrus wrote:
    who's with me!

Not I.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I'd love to see him back at Liverpool, but I'm a united fan so what does that say :)

Morientres, Cisce, Baros are all much better younger faster and have more potential than fowler

catalyst for a new beginning? Hes 29!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

He is utter pants.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,284 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

not one of them is fit to lace his boots when he is on top form, and not one of them will score 170 goals for liverpool :(

he might be past his best but he is still good enough and i think it would be a boost for the club to have him back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 925 ✭✭✭David19

Fowler was pretty awful in the second half today. He's not good enough to play for liverpool. Why not bring back people like ian rush and dalglish too?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

not one of them is fit to lace his boots when he is on top form

Holy crap thats crap.

baros when on top form is absoltuely amazing, as is Morientes.
    Cisce has yet to prove himself but none the less, Fowler was good when he was younger, hes gotten old, still knocks in the goals, much like Andy Cole does now, hes 3rd or 4th highest scorer if I'm not mistaken.
    Better than any United strikers record, doesnt mean he should come back, cause hes past it :)

p.s. Its easier to get goals when you're the lone decent striker for a **** team

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭threebeards

In fairness I think if Liverpool want to get back to where they see themselves as belonging, they should be looking a lot higher than Fowler. At best he has a year left in him. He was poor today and although I haven't seen City play all that often this season, I haven't seen too much in the back pages all season about him setting the world on fire. If they want to bring any former player back, Owen was quoted this w/e as saying he'll leave Madrid if being left on the bench is going to affect his international chances. Bringing Fowler back isn't what you could call building for the future.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Robbie is past it now, I don't know why but he is a shadow of the player he was. When Fowler was at his peak he was a class player and would have walked into any team in the premiership. Unfortunatly he is no longer that player and is not good enough for any team with aspirations of scoring enough Goald to win the league.
    anyone back to the fowler thing, gerrard goes leaves carra as the only real scouser left.

I just realised that if Gerrard goes to United they will have more scouser in their team than Liverpool. :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,284 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Baros is a decent player for the czechs but hes not great for pool, hes certainly not a world class striker at the moment, hes a headless chicken, he can be decent but ive never seen him have an 'amazing' game for liverpool?

unless someone can remind me of one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

i think the mods should move this thread to the humour section.

Fowler is woeful, hes was terrrible today, awful touch. He cant seem to control a ball at all.

Baros is pele in comparison to folwer. When was the last time fowler had an 'amazing' game for city? never is probaly the answer, same with leeds.

Fowler over idulgence in the coca-cola was his downfall i think. Such a shame, he would of been world class if not.

The muppet, i thought gerrard was going to chelsea? ;)

• Advertisement

The muppet, i thought gerrard was going to chelsea? ;)

He is but My post would not have had the desired effect if I had said if Gerrard goes to Chelsea United Will have more scousers on the team than Liverpool. Do You Follow? ;):p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

The Muppet wrote:
    He is but My post would not have had the desired effect if I had said if Gerrard goes to Chelsea United Will have more scousers on the team than Liverpool. Do You Follow? ;):p

you can take biscan off us instead? not a true scouser, but close enough! :D

you can take biscan off us instead? not a true scouser, but close enough! :D

That's very generous of you but I think we'll decline.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

He has never been at his best since leaving pool and that was 3 years after his best , as a makeshift he would have beena good signing from now till end of season with Cisse and Mor as 1st choice.

He would be a good signing but not for longterm as a 3rd striker be a decent signing for Pool.

This may happen and i wouldnt be surprised he is on form and if City sell SWP thats 20 odd million in the back to buy someone new,for the system MC play Fowler isnt the ideal focal point of it, playing up front his own isnt his best position. I would like to see it as nice footballing thing, god coming home etc.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭BolBill

Thats your heart over ruling your head there mate, Fowler is past it, he should just stick to Property buying with his equally useless mate Macca

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Much as I loved him playing for Liverpool, it's not exactly looking to the future. We need to be looking at buying new, better players, not bringing back old players, especially ones who were on the slide before they left.

Theres obviously a couple of exceptions to this, Michael Owen being one, but only because of his age.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Johnny_the_fox

KdjaC wrote:
    He has never been at his best since leaving pool and that was 3 years after his best

I disagee.. after leaving Liverpool - he managed to get 12 Goals 22 Games for Leeds 01/02 season ... which isnt bad for a striker at Leeds who at that time had Robbie Keane, Alan Smith and Mark Viduka to pick from.

id love to see him back...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭Horsefumbler

He's past it i think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

I like Robbie Fowler and I want to see him do well for himself but not at Liverpool. We have better and younger strikers and I'm not sure he'd offer much as a mentor to younger players. It's understandable that there's always going to be a lot of sentiment for Fowler at Liverpool but I'm not sure RB is feeling any of it... (thankfully)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

He was great for Liverpool for 4/5 years but has since become a total waster. He got fat and lost his desire.

He is another player that has made more money than he should have in the Premiership Gravy train. He has his money made so what does he care?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

He was great for Liverpool for 4/5 years but has since become a total waster. He got fat and lost his desire.

He is another player that has made more money than he should have in the Premiership Gravy train. He has his money made so what does he care?
    LOL, I'd respect him for that - why not enjoy the fruits of your labour. Work to live not live to work etc (as long as we're not currently paying his wage :p)

Advertisement