Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

any fans of Kittie?

Options
  • 13-02-2005 5:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭

I found out about them through my friend, apparently he was talking to the drummer after a concert (not a Kittie concert) he didn't know who she was and when she said something about music that he didn't agree with, he blew her off, only to find out a few days after, by watching Scuzz, who she was! lol!

I think they are brilliant, as far as I know, they are the only all female heavy metal band

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

umm

Drain STH?

i

• Registered Users Posts: 6,592 ✭✭✭Ro: maaan!

Marts wrote:
    I think they are brilliant, as far as I know, they are the only all female heavy metal band
    I'm sure that's not true.

I remember hearing one of their songs a few years ago. Wasn't too impressed.

they're a really, really bad band who got 'famous' because they're girls.

I present, Kittie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

No no no! What is it with people posting about **** music like this lately?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

No no no! What is it with people posting about **** music like this lately?!

**** music to you, new and exciting to them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

They're bad... very... very bad....

And yeh i reckin they only did get exposure cos they're girls...

Just like that band Defenestration... remember them? With that fat yoke who just growled into a microphone.... what ever happened to her...
    She probably damaged her vocal chords....

But of course... this is just my opinion ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

The idiots kicked out the only hot ones too! (Non-singing guitarist and bassist), and replaced them with blokes. So they're not all girl anymore. But still bad. Really bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

Mordeth wrote:
    they're a really, really bad band who got 'famous' because they're girls.

I present, Kittie.

My thoughts exactly.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Ph3n0m wrote:
    **** music to you, new and exciting to them.

Actually, **** music to anyone with ears.

Actually, **** music to anyone with ears.
    Truth ^^

• Advertisement

have to completely disagree with Einstürzende & Karl Hungus - I will point out that I do believe Kittie are completely rubbish, but that doesnt make it rubbish for everyone.

I thought that idea of music was to like it - whether anyone else likes it or not.

Example Karl Hungus - I am sure that there is some bands you like, that if I listened to, that I would think are complete toss? Doesnt make them complete toss though, does it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭The Bollox

thanx dude!, my view exactly! I mean we are individual for a reason, right, if we all had uniform taste in everything, it would be boring

yah, but there's a thing called "talent" that all the girls in kittie are sorely lacking

also a thing called 'taste' that you appear to be in short supply of.

Mordeth wrote:
    yah, but there's a thing called "talent" that all the girls in kittie are sorely lacking

also a thing called 'taste' that you appear to be in short supply of.

:eek: :mad: now that was below the belt... they DO have talent! ;)

One of the songs on their first album, the guitar sounds EXACTLY like the bass on Sober by Tool :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

mneh,i used to like em back in my heavy metal days.....until i found out that one of their dads writes all their songs.....

Einst&#252 wrote: »
    One of the songs on their first album, the guitar sounds EXACTLY like the bass on Sober by Tool :(

ah so does that mean they are bad? I know a fair few people here love Tool - personally I would put them in the same rank as Tool - I think both bands are rubbish - does that mean that Tool are forever known as a rubbish band aswell, because I dont like them.

It cannot be classed as musical ignorance as there is no such bloody thing, as thinking like that leads to the ever wonderful world of music elitism

hey, if you don't like Tool that's your failing not ours.

Mordeth wrote:
    hey, if you don't like Tool that's your failing not ours.

OK please explain how that is a failing on my part? Have I somehow let down the human race by not loving or even appreciating Tool?

No wonder I resigned from this species, it was starting to get boring.

Have I somehow let down the human race by not loving or even appreciating Tool?

No, just yourself.

• Advertisement

Mordeth wrote:
    No, just yourself.

again how, these lovely cryptic statements by you are starting to get annoying - so the for the dim witted of us, myself included - can you please explain what you mean - are you attacking my musical tastes, me personaly, trying to be funny and sarcastic at the same time, humouring an old man on the internet or trying to liven what is probobably an uninspiring day for both of us?

I will say outright, I have attempted on many times to listen to Tool, went to see them live before and have been bored outright with them. Lyrically, musicially they do nothing for me - when I have seen them live, I felt their performance was very stagnent with no energy from the guys themselves.

apart from that, I am sure they are really nice guys :rolleyes:

great, I just don't see how you can use this to justify Kittie

it's like justifying the holocaust, only uglier.

*sits in a large leather armchair, stroking my big white cat* MWAHaHaHaHaHaHa!

Mordeth wrote:
    great, I just don't see how you can use this to justify Kittie

it's like justifying the holocaust, only uglier.

LOL, even I said earlier that I always though Kittie was rubbish - I was using the comparison that if someone called Tool rubbish would Tool be considered rubbish.

One man's rubbish is another man's gold - someone, somewhere will always like something you think sucks

Marts - let me clarify - Kittie do indeed suck the big one :)

someone, somewhere will always like something you think sucks

and that's perfectly ok. Liking Kittie is a different thing altogether, as there are some things that are just Wrong. Murder, rape, genocide, kittie, limp bizkit, etc etc.. and it's about time society stood up and said "no more" before we're all raped, murdered and they play kittie at our funerals.

oooh oooh, now you stepped over the line! Limp Bizkit! they used to rock! Significant Other and Chocolate Starfish are great albums, but then Wes left and now they are ****e

Marts wrote:
    oooh oooh, now you stepped over the line! Limp Bizkit! they used to rock! Significant Other and Chocolate Starfish are great albums, but then Wes left and now they are ****e

er no, Limp Bizkit have always sucked :D

but hey, I guess it's all relative right? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭0utshined

Marts wrote:

There's been a few all female bands. Who could forget Rock Bitch and then there's Girl School as well.

Wes is back in Limp Bizkit, btw.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,592 ✭✭✭Ro: maaan!

Don't Rock Bitch have a guy in them?

Heh; in them.

Advertisement