Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dragonball af

Options
  • 13-02-2005 9:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭

hey does anyone know if there actually is a drangonball af or is it some rumour that some mean b**tard made up??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭chrismon

havnt heard anything myself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭Kain

I've heard thats just a really old April Fools joke put out by the company that makes Dragonball just to get everyone excited for nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Art_Wolf

Heh cruel basterds
    I wish I got the job of spreading the rumour ^_^

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭pingoo

Pure rumour, 100% fake info really ... this DBAF story has been on-going for years now :) ... it all started with a supposibily draw of Goku Super Sayiajin 6 (red color, white hair etc.) which I believed at the time sounded really fake, especially the color but you know people they start saying things like "Toriyama is a friend of mine and told me" or "I know someone at the Toei" bladibla bladibla ... the bottom line is that AF is pure invention is unfortunately is has been driven by wrongly taken comment made by Toriyama. Let me explain myself :D ... Toriyama said at some stage that he was looking at old draft of DB so maybe ... the all story started, that picture of Goku came out and the alll story went out but what Toriyama meant by old draft of DB was that he was to release a re-print of the Dragon Ball Manga ... the already existing one, not a new story. THose mangas are by the way released in Japan now, with new artwork for the cover, A4 format, red cover etc. etc. ...

Unfortunately a lot of people are still speculated on this AF story which trust, is never gonna happened. Toriyama said that Dragon Ball was a closed project and you can understand him, a total of more than 500 episodes (DB + DBZ + DBGT) + 42 volumes of mangas + 13 movies/OAVS etc. etc. ... this is a close chapter for him now :)

Hope this is enough info, I don't mean to break the myth or stuff like that, I just think that those guys spreading rumours are completely stupid coz we are then putting our hopes behind it and we don't see the reality anymore :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭Senbotsu

"That was a joke. I'll say it again if anyone else needs further clarification. That was a joke. There is no Dragonball AF and there never will be. Now please stop prank calling my house!" - Associate Editor Zac Bertschy, Anime Insider Issue 20.

There that clears it up!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 UnknownUser

I read that it was real, but that the series would only be seen in japan and that the last series of BragonBall would be Gt but only in America. I can show pictures of Goku evel 5, Trucks Level 8, And Goku level 10.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭nude_hamster

i have seen those pictures aswell, but i think those pictures have been drawn by very talented fans though................

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 UnknownUser

i cane believe SOME pictures are from fans but i read the series was real in japan

i also found a site where u can download the "new series" of af but its all jus settin ya up for a joke, they bring through a good few links and at the end of it they say somtin like " HA HA WE FOOLED YOU!!"

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

drawings don't really mean much,i can even draw dragon ball z characters perfectly its damn fun too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭LanceStorm

AF is a fan drawn manga series, nothing to do with the actual series or ppl who created it, complete fiction.

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

LanceStorm wrote:
    complete fiction.

Hehe, heaven forbid that DBZ become a fictional series!

CuLT wrote:
    Hehe, heaven forbid that DBZ become a fictional series!

OH!! that wud be cool, .......................but dangerous

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

What are you talking about?

Makaveli wrote:
    What are you talking about?
    as i look back i see it was a very pathethic attemp at bein sasrcstic :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Sue Sayers

I love to be the barer of good news and this is a happy time. A few months ago I was looking for info on DB AF and stumbled up on an article the news that AF was not real was disappointing but I was happy to know the truth.

ON to the good news! Dragon Ball AF is in fact real I do not know if it was started by fans asking for it or was it an over-delayed publicity stunt, but I have just witnessed the opening for Dragon Balls AF and you can see it for your self. At first I thought it was old clips but then I realized that Vageto was fighting Brolly and my jaw dropped. I know until you see it for your self it is not true so here it is I uploaded the intro to my server:

http://www.sashex.com/DBAF.wmv

Enjoy :cool:

Ok i just looked at that, intro tingy and it cant be new because all the fighters are all younger than in drangonball GT, like trunks and goten are both still children, and krillan is still there aswell. but then again it does show Goku as a super sayain 4 so ..............i dont know

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Sue Sayers wrote:
    ON to the good news! Dragon Ball AF is in fact real I do not know if it was started by fans asking for it or was it an over-delayed publicity stunt, but I have just witnessed the opening for Dragon Balls AF and you can see it for your self. At first I thought it was old clips but then I realized that Vageto was fighting Brolly and my jaw dropped. I know until you see it for your self it is not true so here it is I uploaded the intro to my server:

http://www.sashex.com/DBAF.wmv

Enjoy :cool:
    That would be the introduction to Dragonball Z : Budokai 3 for the PS2 with a very badly stuck on Dragonball AF logo at the end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Sue Sayers

That would be the introduction to Dragonball Z : Budokai 3 for the PS2 with a very badly stuck on Dragonball AF logo at the end.

If it is in fact the intro to the PS2 game I apologies I got it off a torrent site and excitement got the better of me.

Sue Sayers wrote:
    If it is in fact the intro to the PS2 game I apologies I got it off a torrent site and excitement got the better of me.

Yep it is.

And if you are any sort of Dragonball Z fan you should have that game as it is great fun. It has a huge range of characters and you can easilly pull off all these amazing over the top moves.

And also it does have a great intro.. altough I think Budokai 2 had a better one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭LanceStorm

Pity it wasnt real!!
    But it was still worth seeing, damn the animation was so good, anyone know if any of the movies are of that quality??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Z246

hey does anyone know if there actually is a drangonball af or is it some rumour that some mean b**tard made up??
    Man They said that GT was the last but when I was in N.Y. they had a Japaniese DVD that said DragonBall STAR. SO I don't have the answer but D.B.STAR or AF is coming SOOON! :cool:

i still don no what to think!!!:-)

I'm afraid that the only new Dragon Ball that you are going to see is this:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0417613/

A live action holywood film that is currently in production. It will no doubt be awful.

I've actually got a live action Dragon Ball film on DVD, it's a really bad Hong Kong action flick. It's pretty funny to watch though.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0122050/

Oh... and the animated movies aren't too bad. But they make your head hurt as they don't tie in with the timeline of the series in any way whatsoever. The only one that actually feels like feature film is the first one that has Brolly in it. The rest just feel like elongated episodes. The one with Androids 13, 14 and 15 is pretty good too. I haven't seen anything beyond movie number 9 though. Also avoid the UK releases of the first 3 movies. They have really terrible dubs on them. It gets pretty annoying hearing everyone refer to Piccolo as 'Big Green'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Danger_Dave

Movie 12 is as good as the 1st brolly movie, Think its call rebirth of Gogeta, Some great fight seens, and the movie flows really well. And DBZ3 rocks, nothin better than getn a few m8s around and playin a Cell Game tournament. Had 1 with 4 other lads and it just turned out we all met each other in the semi's, and 1 of us was a Cell Jr come on :)

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭CrazyTalk

Yeah I heard that live action movie was being made....

http://www.dbzgtlegacy.com/dbzlam.shtml

Sounds horrific. And it probably will be, being written by the guy who wrote Terminator 3 and all.........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 biowolf

http://www.data.bg/f.php?fid=7781794

This link is to the intro of DB AF/ i,v been told so/
    All so there are some pics /i dont know from what kind of saga they are but i all so have the story line in AF and i will post it here.That will explain why are all of the Z fighters havn't aged.But from what i hear there will be DB AF in 2006/ I REALY HOPE IT'S REAL

DRAGON BALL AF

Episode 1: Xicor's Arrival
    Narrator: It's been 125 years since the end of Dragon Ball GT. All the mighty warriors of Earth were extinct, or so it was thought. Two young warriors, Goten and Trunks, who used the new dragon balls, created by Dende, for forever youth, still watched over the planet.
    Up on the look-out tower, Dende, Goten, and chibi Trunks are training.
    Goten: Dende Being immortal is great and all, but I miss everyone!
    Chibi Trunks: Yeah....
    Dende: Well, we could revive them with the dragon balls!
    Chibi Trunks reaches into his pocket and pulls out the dragon radar.
    Chibi Trunks: Goten, lets fly!
    The two fly off. Once they are out of sight, Dende bigins to sence something.
    Dende: AHHH!!!...Wha...What power!
    A streak of light flies across the sky. The fire englofed space ship lands on the planet below the look-out tower. Then, chibi Trunks and Goten come up the side of the look-out carrying a large orange ball.
    Goten: We couldn't find the dragon balls! The radar was only able to locate this big one.
    Dende: The Alfa ball! It's all the dragon balls combined! We better get busy before that thing gets out of the ship!
    Goten & Chibi Trunks: Right!
    Dende places the Alfa ball on to the floor of the look-out.
    Dende: Shenron! I call upon thee!
    The Alfa ball begins to glow as Shenron emerges from the ball.
    Shenron: What is your wish?
    Dende: I wish that all the Z wariors and their families be brought back to life at the age they were 126 years ago!
    Shenron's eyes begin to glow red.
    Shenron: Your wish has been granted!
    Shenron returns into the ball, which then flies into the air and seperated into 7 balls. The balls head off into different directions of the earth once again. Suddenly the Z warriors appear.
    Chibi Trunks: Hey everyone!
    Goten: Where's my dad!?
    Everyone looks beside them.
    ChiChi: I wasn't able to find him anywhere in other world!
    Dende: That's odd....
    Then suddenly, everyone sences a huge power level, and looks up. A kid with long silver hair, silver fur covering his body, and ancient, mysterious looking clothes, is floating there. His siver tail waves around as he floats down to the look-out floor. A beautiful woman fallows close behind the stranger.
    Vegeta:(thinking) Another Saiyan?
    Krillan: RRR! i'm probably going to die, so i might as well try!
    Krillan charges at the kid. The kid easily knocks Krillan to the ground.
    Tien: Krillan, are you okay?
    Krillan doesn't reply. He just gets up and rubs his sore head.
    Xicor: I'm not here to waste my time fighting you weaklings! I have come to seek training from my father! which one of you is my father?
    Bulma: It would help if we knew his name you know!
    Xicor: Fine, if you must know. His name is Goku.
    Everyone: What!?
    Narrator: Could it be true? Could his father really be Goku? And why didn't Goku apear with the others? So many questions to be answered on the next episode of Dragon Ball AF!!

Episode 2: Xicor's Story
    Narrator: Last time on Dragon Ball AF, the Z Warriors were wished back by the remaining immortal team members. But just then a new guy appeared claiming to be the son of Goku, but Goku is no where to be found!
    Everyone is looking at the kid with shocked faces.
    Chichi: Hahahaha! You must be mistakend! i'm Goku's wife, and i only had 2 kids, Gohan and Goten!
    The mysterious woman waves her hand around. Suddenly, Chichi, Bulma, Videl, Maron, Pan, Bra, and Android 18 dispear.
    Gohan: Hey! what did you do with them?!
    Princess Lila: I just sent them down on the Earth, I don't think they should hear what I'm about to tell you. (As she tells the story, she shows them her memories of what happened.) I am Princess Lila, a goddess. This is my son, Xicor. He's half god, half Saiyan. For centuries I wanted to create the perfect being. Then, when I heard that Goku, the most powerful being, was training in space, I created an illusional planet. Every illusion on that planet was perfect. To make sure Goku would come to the planet, I made it 10,000 times Earth's normal gravity. He fell for the bait. When he was on the planet, I tried to seduce him. He resisted to all of my efforts, saying that he was already married to a wonderful wife. So, when he was sleeping, I entered his dreams. There in his dreams, we made love. After that night, Goku left the planet. Soon I gave birth to Xicor, who was born a Super Saiyan 5! He stopped aging the day he hit 17. Since then, i promissed him he'd get training from his father.
    Xicor: Now, Which one of you is Goku?
    Yamcha: He's not here.
    Xicor starts walking up to Chibi Trunks and sticks out his hand.
    Xicor: Give me the radar! I'll find the dragon balls and wish him back to life.
    Dende: We already tried that, it didn't work. He is still alive somewhere.
    Xicor: I didn't ask you, Namek, but thanks for telling me. I can still find the dragon balls and wish him to be brought here. Well, lets go, handit over!
    Chibi Trunks reaches into his pocket, pulls out the radar and gives it to Xicor.
    Xicor: Thanks twirp
    Xicor flies off.
    Princess Lila: I appologize for his rudeness. He has always been that way.
    Chibi Trunks looks at the rest of the Z gang and notices someone that looks like him.
    Chibi Trunks: HEY! Who is that?!
    Vegeta: That is the future you.
    Chibi Trunks: What?!
    Future Trunks: I came from the future along time ago to help fight off cell and the androids.
    Chibi Trunks: Yeaha! Two of me!
    Chibi Trunks walks up to future Trunks and whisper's into his ear.
    Chibi Trunks: (whispering) You better stay away from Pan, she's mine, okay?
    Future Trunks: Sure thing bro! Hey, dad! Who was that beautiful girl with the blue hair? She kinda looks like mom.
    Vegeta crosses his arms and turns his head away from him.
    Vegeta: You disgust me!
    Chibi Trunks: That so called chick would be our sister.
    Future Trunks: Oppppssss.....(blushing)
    Everyone laughs.
    Narrator: AHAHAH! Silly Trunks. And now that the secret of Xicor's birth is out all that's left is to bring Goku back! See it soon on the next episode of Dragon Ball AF!

Episode 3: Xicor's First Dragon Ball
    Narrator: On the last episode of Dragon Ball AF, the new guy, Xicor and his mother shared their story with the Z warriors. Now Xicor is off to find the dragon balls to wish back his father, Goku.
    The episode starts with a nice quiet scene in the country side. Suddenly, Xicor flies by leaving a trench line behind him.
    Xicor: (Thinking) I finally get to meet my father and be trained by him.
    The dragon radar begins to detect a dragon ball.
    Xicor: So this thing works!?
    Xicor flies across the ocean at great speeds, almost touching the water, creating a huge line of waves behind him. Meanwhile, back on the look-out tower, Princess Lila is planting flowers in the garden with Mr. Popo.
    Gohan: I don't know about you guys, but i'm starving!
    Everyone: YA!
    Princess Lila wazes her hand around and a large buffet table with lots of food on it appears in front of the Z warriors. Everyone begins eating except for Piccolo, Dende, Mr. Popo and Princess Lila. Piccolo takes this time to meditate. Dende walks towards Princess Lila.
    Dende: So....Do you live in the world of the Kai's?
    Princess Lila: No, I don't really live anywhere, all the other gods are all....gone.
    Dende: What?! How's that possible!? Arn't they immortal?
    Princess Lila: Yes, but they were obsorbed by a creature called Buu. The gods went to Other World to try to stop him from causing trouble. Luckly, Buu is dead and can't escape from hell.
    Dende: We have Goku to thank for that.
    Meanwhile at Bulma's house, Chichi, Bulma and Bra are cooking supper while the other girls train outside.
    Bulma: What's the matter Chichi? You haven't said anything since we got here.
    Chichi: I'm worried about Goku.
    Bulma puts a pot on the stove and sits down. Chichi stops chopping vegetables and sits too.
    Bra: Chichi, no need to worry. We all know that Goku would never cheat on you.
    Chichi: I know, but I think he might be hurt somewhere. We haven't seen him anywhere.
    Back in the country side Xicor is walking on the ground when he sees the 4th star dragon ball. He picks up the ball and uses the Instant-Translocation technique to get to the look-out. He appears at the look-out while everyone is finished eating, except for the Saiyans, who have big appetites. Xicor rushes over to his mother and places the dragon ball on the ground infront of her.
    Xicor: Eating without me?
    Princess Lila: You're more then welcome to have some too.
    Xicor: Don't mind if I do!
    Xicor runs toward the table and gulps down 15 bowls of rice and flies off in search for the next dragon ball.
    Goten: What's the rush? (mouth full of food)
    Chibi Trunks: Maybe he has to to the washroom. (mouth stuffed too)
    Goten: *gulp* Maybe.
    Narrator: With the first dragon ball found, Xicor set's off in search of the other 6, on the next Dragon Ball AF

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭Kain

That looks a lot like some fan fiction to me. Although i'm not able to see the link at the top while i'm in college, have to wait till i get home before i have a look at that.

that link wont work man ,sry............

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

wtfd o,fg whast hte hell!¬
    !?!!1

Advertisement